Job title: Schools Engagement Officer
Location: Remote working in the UK
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum (an additional £2,500 London Weighting will be added if applicable)
Contract: Full-time, 37 hours a week (Term time only applications will also be considered)
Closing Date: Thursday 7th July at 9:00am
Interview Date: Week commencing 11th July
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered. Although this role is based remotely there will be some travel required to client meetings.
Speakers for Schools is a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown tenfold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives by raising the aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference by sharing their stories with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify, PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
Speakers for Schools Values
We are committed to levelling the playing field for young people across the UK, creating social mobility and tackling disadvantages.
We challenge our ideas of what is possible in order to better meet the needs of those we support. We are human, make mistakes, learn, evolve and adapt.
We act with empathy and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We value and respect the talent, time and intentions of those we work with.
We are one team with one mission and only by working together can we deliver better outcomes for young people. We support each other unconditionally and feel motivation in shared success as well as individual progress.
We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, identities, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our organisation succeed. We encourage constructive debate and critical friendship.
To engage with education and training providers as well as local authorities in sharing out programme, onboarding and training in their usage. Taking on the views of educators and educational leaders in what we provide and need to provide and enabling us to more closely match local and national need with our programme. This role will also support the delivery team with the delivery of the programmes from marketing opportunities to schools/students work experience placements.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Recruit and onboard new educational establishments to working with us.
- Training and supporting users to maximise the opportunity to their students accessing our programmes. through our newly developed portal and app.
- Delivering training sessions to schools and colleges on our programmes and building on engagement in your defined region.
- Building partnerships with Multi-Academy Trusts, SEND and PRU provision within your region to maximise our impact.
- Liaise with local government organisations to actively promote our programme to NEET young people in the region
- Developing long standing relationships with school and college contacts to access, support and maximise employer engagement relationships in your region.
- Build a regional network of educational contacts, ensuring high level of customer service and reporting opportunities and issues to Head of Engagement.
- Retain our registered schools and colleges in our network, and increase engagement levels in all programmes across the region.
- To support on delivery of SEND and PRU programme opportunities in collaboration with Community Engagement Managers in the regional team.
- Support Fundraising Leads in region to embed school-based initiatives where appropriate
- Ensuring all data relating to school and college engagement is accurate, recorded and presented in reports when required.
- Networking in the region with your regional team to collaboratively build brand awareness of Speakers for Schools across all partners and organisations working in the Education landscape.
- Supporting the wider UK Education Strategy for Speakers for Schools.
Delivery Team support:
- Support our Delivery Partners to identify school contacts that can promote and support our programmes
- Processing new user registrations on our portal
- Helping with technical delivery processes using both our in-house software
- Data Management and CRM
- Inputting new data, maintaining existing records and generating reports
- Other duties as required, within the scope of your role.
Key skills and experience:
- Excellent customer support skills and telephone manner
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support for
- Experience in a similar environment working with a variety of stakeholders
- Clear and concise communicator, capable of producing written content to a professional quality
- Confident liaising with and managing relationships particularly with stakeholders from all levels
- Comfort and experience in working with technology and data management
- Proven capability of working through high volumes of work and securing targets across varying objectives within delivery.
- Previous experience working with HR/Recruitment/CSR/Educational Providers/Youth/Engagement teams an advantage
- Knowledge of SEND and PRU education establishments and NEET students
- An understanding of the UK Education System and a familiarity with careers provision and social mobility challenges within UK schools and colleges
- Proficient use of the Salesforce CRM, to track relationships and ensure proper data management.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- 3 voluntary days per year
- Wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption package
- Subsidised office furniture
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and to eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid-19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity is at our core, join us.
Disability Confident Employer
Speakers for Schools are glad to be Disability Confident Employers. This means that if you have a disability and you meet the minimum criteria for the role you will be invited to interview.
Please note that in certain recruitment situations, such as a high number of applications and seasonal and high-peak times, Speakers for Schools may limit the overall number of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
We usually ask for a CV and covering letter to be submitted as part of the application process. However, we understand that this is not always accessible to everyone, so we welcome video and phone call applications as alternative ways to apply. For additional information or support, please contact us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role is Thursday 7th July at 9:00am (this may be extended)
Successful candidates will be invited to interview from the week commencing 11th July 2022. Please keep this date free as alternative dates may not be possible.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the interview date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.