Job title: Virtual Engagement Coordinator, Inspiration
Location: Manchester (Remote working due to Covid-19)
Responsible to: Inspiration Manager
Salary: £22,000 – £27,000
Who are we?
Founded by ITV Political Editor Robert Peston (Trustee), and chaired by Andrew Law (Caxton Associates), Speakers for Schools was created to help level the playing field for UK state schools and their students by giving them the same access to the UK’s leading figures from politics, business, science, sport, the arts and more, as that enjoyed by private schools.
Our fast-moving, entrepreneurial charity recognises that its people are not just a number, but its greatest asset, and part of an extended family. We work together to support each other to meet organisational goals.
Working for us, you will be part of a highly respected and aspirational brand, at the heart of a network of many of the UK’s leading figures and employers. This is an exciting time to join our team as we take Speakers for Schools to the next level.
The Virtual Engagement Coordinator role is crucial to the delivery of the Inspiration programme and ensuring our key stakeholders (speakers and schools) are engaging with the charity. Our Inspiration Programme provides a network of today’s most inspiring figures across the business, arts, politics and more donating their time to help inspire students to fuel their ambition. We are passionate about providing high quality and personal service, making it seamless for speakers, educators and organisations to get involved.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Managing own speaker network including mobilising speakers, responding to speaker queries, and ensuring they feel supported by the charity. Driving forward speaker participation with the charity
- Securing talk confirmations and progressing talks through the pipeline from matching speakers to schools, coordinating with schools and ensuring all stakeholder expectations are met
- Coordinating, hosting and producing virtual events and broadcasts for the Inspiration programme
- Working independently and swiftly on high-volume outreach and mobilisation within a structured programme plan to meet targets, as agreed and set by the Inspiration Manager
- Taking ownership of speaker network and planning approaches and engagement for the academic year
- Contacting speakers as agreed with Inspiration Manager
- Maintaining and increasing quality of SfS talks and providing speakers with feedback from schools and pupils
- Securing media collateral from talks as required
- Ensuring consistent and accurate updating of CRM and ensuring proper data management
- Confidently discussing SfS and our goals, aims via email communication, virtual meetings, and telephone
- Attending schools talks on behalf of the charity and where required
- Developing stakeholder’s relationships with speakers to maintain their participation in the charity
- Other duties as required, within the scope of your role.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Experience in a similar delivery-focussed role within a small, fast-paced organisation
- Experience using Microsoft packages, including Outlook
- Experience of using CRM software to achieve the tasks outlined above (preferably Salesforce)
- Experience of producing, hosting and managing the technical functions of virtual events and broadcasts
- Good customer service skills that mean queries are answered professionally and clearly
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to learn quickly to ensure smooth delivery processes
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support for
- Experience communicating with educational establishments and a familiarity with how schools and colleges operate
- Ability to clearly communicate with students to ensure they understand our processes and are able to access opportunities
We are looking for people who:
- Are sociable and confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excel at organising their workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Think strategically and can change tactics while still meeting larger objectives
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity if at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
We will be closing this on or before Monday 14th December 2020.
Our new team member will start ASAP.