Role: Work Experience Administrator
Location: Remote based in the UK
Responsible to: Team Lead Delivery
Salary: £10.00 an hour, part time role
Contract: Part-time - 16 hours a week
Days and Hours: Monday – Thursday 16.00 – 20.00
*Please note, if you do not submit a covering letter your application will not be accepted*
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has doubled in size in the past year. This has supported 278% growth in our Experience programme and 10% growth in our Inspiration programme during the past 12 months.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost two hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
This role sits within our Delivery Team and will assist in the coordination and administration of thousands of work experience opportunities for young people across the UK.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Supporting our Delivery Team with admin support including mail merges, creating account for access to virtual work experience, navigating Google Classrooms and responding to stakeholder queries via email and phone
- Processing new user registrations on our portal
- Responding to email enquiries from schools and students
- Supporting customers via phone
- Helping with technical delivery processes using both our in-house software
- Data Management and CRM
- Inputting new data, maintaining existing records and generating reports
- Supporting the delivery of charity programmes
- Experience of providing admin support to a large team
- Experience of working with educators, young people and/or business stakeholders
- Experience using Microsoft packages, including Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent customer support skills and telephone manner
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support for
- Experience of customer service via email and telephone
- Experience of working in programme support in education charities
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Experience of supporting young people via charity programmes
- Experience of using Google Classrooms
We are looking forward to holding video interviews through September and appointing our Work Experience Administrator swiftly so we can start delivering a difference in October and beyond. You must have the right to work in the UK without visa restrictions to be considered.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity if at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
This role will be closing on or before Friday 8th October.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.