Job title: Work Experience Administrator
Location: Remote working in the UK.
Responsible to: Engagement Delivery Lead
Salary: £10.15 an hour
Contract: Part-time, 16 hours a week worked across Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Sunday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Closing Date: Tuesday 5th July at 5:00pm
Interview Date: Week commencing 11th July 2022
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has doubled in size in the past year. This has supported 278% growth in our Experience programme and 10% growth in our Inspiration programme during the past 12 months.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost two hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
Speakers for Schools Values
PASSION: We are committed to levelling the playing field for young people across the UK, creating social mobility and tackling disadvantages.
AGILITY: We challenge our ideas of what is possible in order to better meet the needs of those we support. We are human, make mistakes, learn, evolve and adapt.
INTEGRITY: We act with empathy and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We value and respect the talent, time and intentions of those we work with.
COLLABORATION: We are one team with one mission and only by working together can we deliver better outcomes for young people. We support each other unconditionally and feel motivation in shared success as well as individual progress.
DIVERSITY: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, identities, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our organisation succeed. We encourage constructive debate and critical friendship.
This role sits within our Delivery Team and will assist in the coordination and administration of thousands of work experience opportunities for young people across the UK.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Supporting our Delivery Team with admin support including mail merges, creating account for access to virtual work experience, navigating Google Classrooms and responding to stakeholder queries via email and phone
- Processing new user registrations on our portal
- Responding to email enquiries from schools and students
- Supporting customers via phone
- Helping with technical delivery processes using both our in-house software
- Data Management and CRM
- Inputting new data, maintaining existing records and generating reports
- Supporting the delivery of charity programmes
Key skills and experience:
- Experience of providing admin support to a large team
- Experience of working with educators, young people and/or business stakeholders
- Experience using Microsoft packages, including Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent customer support skills and telephone manner
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support for
- Experience of customer service via email and telephone
- Experience of working in programme support in education charities
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Experience of supporting young people via charity programmes
- Experience of using Google Classrooms
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- 3 voluntary days per year
- Wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption package
- Subsidised office furniture
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity is at our core, join us.
Disability Confident Employer
Speakers for Schools are glad to be Disability Confident Employers. This means that if you have a disability and you meet the minimum criteria for the role you will be invited to interview.
Please note that in certain recruitment situations, such as a high number of applications and seasonal and high-peak times, Speakers for Schools may limit the overall number of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
We usually ask for a CV and covering letter to be submitted as part of the application process. However, we understand that this is not always accessible to everyone, so we welcome video and phone call applications as alternative ways to apply. For additional information or support, please contact us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please note, that if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role will is Tuesday 5th July at 5:00pm
Successful candidates will be invited to interviews on the week commencing 11th July 2022. Please try to be available this week as alternative dates may not be possible.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the interview date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.