Reporting directly to the CEO whilst working proactively with the Senior Team, the Head of Operations will lead our team of Registered Managers to create and deliver the company's strategic and operational plans. Integral to this will be the overseeing of all operational aspects of Spectrum’s care services as the charity’s Registered Individual.
Since it began in 1982, Spectrum has grown to become a leading provider of specialist care for autistic individuals in Cornwall. We are a registered charity and proud of our track record working with children and adults with complex and challenging needs. We operate 18 residential homes, a community outreach service and a specialist education centre.
As our Head of Operations, your key responsibilities will include:
- the leadership, development, and oversight of an effective governance framework for Spectrum’s services and ensuring risk mitigation controls
- identifying opportunities for continuous service development and improvement
- building and leading management capability amongst our registered managers
- the flow of information from houses to the Senior Team and board of trustees
- deputising for Spectrum’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) when necessary
To be successful in your new role you will need to:
- have a broad knowledge of the Care Sector and autism specific support
- hold a relevant Management Qualification or equivalent experiential learning
- experience of building positive relationships with regulatory bodies (CQC and Ofsted), local authorities, government partners and key stakeholders
- have the capacity to quickly idenitify potential risks and key actions required
- effectively delegate roles and tasks to actively manage and control resources
- be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind
- be flexible in your approach, transparent and an excellent communicator
- able to build and coach skilled and motivated teams to Spectrum’s value-base
If you are interested in this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you!
If you are interested in this opportunity - then we would love to hear from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.