Working closely with SMA UK’s Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for developing first class trust applications, building relationships with current trust funders and researching new leads. You will develop applications for large foundations and corporate trusts as well as smaller family trusts.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in securing funds from trusts and foundations
- Confidence in writing creative and targeted fundraising bids
- Confidence in building relationships over the phone, via email and face to face
- A determined and pro-active approach to trust fundraising
- An interest in quality of life for people with disabilities and a commitment to gaining an in depth understanding of SMA and the challenges faced by people affected by the condition
- All the qualities needed to be a team player with a willingness to work across teams and pull together to meet the wider organisation’s objectives.
We are committed to safeguarding all children and adults at risk and expect all applicants to share this commitment.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) is a rare, genetically inherited neuromuscular condition. It causes progressive muscle weakness and loss of movement due to muscle wasting (atrophy). This may affect crawling and walking ability, arm, hand and neck movement, breathing and swallowing.
Established for over 30 years, we are a charity that supports and advocates so that everyone in the SMA community can access the best care, services and treatments and benefit from continued research.
How to apply: Please apply by clicking on apply and filling out our downloadable application form.
Closing date: 14th October
Provisional Interview Date: 22nd October
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.