Spinal Research is an international medical research charity working to end paralysis for people with spinal cord injury. Spinal cord injury affects an estimated 60,000 people in the UK and over 3 million worldwide. It can happen to anyone at any time and is life-changing. The most common causes are a broken back or neck from a fall, road traffic accident or sporting injury.
Job Purpose and background
The Fundraising Assistant’s main responsibility will be to help support our fundraising team deliver their fundraising strategy through a variety of activities including Direct Marketing, campaigning, events and engagement with our wonderful supporters.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to work alongside members of the whole fundraising team and will gain invaluable experience in all aspects of fundraising. The role would suit an individual who is organised, proactive and has good attention to detail.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in fundraising in a dynamic and fun environment.
To assist the Individual Giving Manager/fundraising team with the administration and stewardship across individual giving, community fundraising, mass participation/challenge events, and high value relationship fundraising.
- Working closely with the fundraising team to help them achieve their fundraising targets
- Appeal campaign management
- Mass participation event management
- Community fundraising stewardship
- Processing individual and regular giving donations from both online and offline sources
- Creation of new donor records on our ThankQ database
- Support in maintaining the accuracy of donor database with up to date personal and financial supporter information, compliant with GDPR
- A flexibility to support the wider organisation as required.
- Passionate about fundraising and event and project management
- Ability to communicate with the general public by phone and written communications
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility with working out of hours and weekends when necessary (TOIL will be offered)
- A real team player who effectively interacts with peers
- Reliable, conscientious and dedicated
This role is currently remote due to the pandemic with the aim to work from the London office two to three days a week from July.
If you would like to apply and join our energetic team at this exciting time please submit your CV and a covering statement (no more than 2 pages) outlining your interest in the role and why you feel you are right for the job.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early application is encouraged. We expect a large number of applications. Unfortunately, we cannot reply to unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, you may assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.