SPITALFIELDS CRYPT TRUST
Post Title: Community Shop Assistant Manager
Responsible to: Community Shop Manager
Purpose of Post: The Shop Assistant Manager will assist the Shop Manager in leading the paid and volunteer team to maximise the shop’s financial contribution and to promote the SCT mission by effective and entrepreneurial management and be responsible for the effective operation of the shop(s).
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: SCT Charity Shops (East London)
Role and Responsibilities:
Working alongside and reporting into the Shop Manager, together you will be responsible for the successful delivery of a profitable, customer focused shop. Deputising for the Shop Manager, you will ensure the smooth running of the shop during their absence; this will include the accurate processing of any financial transactions, the delivery of shop floor and stockroom management, and adherence with policies and procedures.
Our shops are supported by a dedicated team of volunteers - we couldn't run our shops without them. You will oversee your volunteers' induction, management and development, and will encourage your shop team to share any ideas that may contribute towards the success of the store.
Together, you'll create a shop that will uphold SCT’s image and reputation, and help us raise vital funds that will help people in recovery from addiction and homelessness.
• To assist the Shop Manager in ensuring the shop is well run at all times
• To assist the manger recruit, train, manage and retain a volunteer team working within SCT values
• To optimise sales across all departments and to achieve set targets
• To ensure the team consistently provide excellent customer service to both customers and donors
• To maintain successful retail processes and merchandising.
• To maintain effective stock management and processing and carry out shop administration
• To take necessary action to repair and maintain the premises and to take all reasonable steps to protect SCT property from theft, damage or fire.
• To train staff and volunteers in and ensure team adherence to all health and safety policy and procedures with the support of the Shop Manger
• To work within the culture of maintaining a positive working environment to ensure job satisfaction and efficiency.
• Prepared to move around area and work at different locations if necessary.
• Ability to work flexibly, including working weekends.
• To be flexible when tasks not covered by the job description have to be undertaken.
Skills and Knowledge
• Retail background
• People management skills
• Money management
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Good IT skills (including MS Office and email)
• Able to use own initiative
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Visual merchandising/window dressing
• Shop administration, finance
• Commercial retail experience, preferably supervisory level
• Demonstrable and proven communication skills
• Demonstrable experience of working to targets
• Experience of working with donated goods
• Experience of working with volunteers
• Experience of charity retail
• Delivers great outcomes through our vision and strategy, effectively planning and meeting targets.
• Makes effective decisions.
Role Model / Leading by Example
• Is an inspiring role model for others, building trust and living our Vision / Mission and principles and delivering our services accordingly.
• Consistently seeks to improve how we do things to achieve and Embraces change and innovation.
• Communicates clearly, effectively and honestly. Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them.
• Works with others as one team, actively collaborating to achieve a shared vision. Building relationships across SCT, sharing information and expertise.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.