Post Title Community Shop Manager
Responsible to Director of Retail
Purpose of Post The Shop Manager will lead the paid and volunteer team to maximise the shop’s financial contribution and to promote the SCT mission by effective and entrepreneurial management and be responsible for the effective operation of the shop(s).
Hours 35 hours per week
Location SCT Charity Shops (East London)
Role and Responsibilities:
The ultimate aim of the Manager’s job is to manage staff, volunteers and available resources to the optimum benefit of the Spitalfields Crypt Trust, in terms of both income and the mission of the charity in supporting people in recovery from addiction. To develop working practices which enable you to adopt, and operate in, a primarily supervisory role. You should be seeking, to run the shop through an effective mix of paid staff and volunteers:-
- To ensure the safe and profitable running of the shop leading a team of staff and volunteers to motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service
- To recruit, train, manage and retain a volunteer team working within SCT values
- To maximize sales and to achieve set targets
- To ensure the team consistently provide excellent customer service to both customers and donors
- Ability to establish and maintain successful retail processes and merchandising standards to industry standards of best practice
- To maintain effective stock management and manage donors in accordance to SCT’s policies
- To carry out shop administration
- To understand and interpret basic financial reports and KPI’s
- To take necessary action to repair and maintain the premises and to take all reasonable steps to protect SCT property from theft, damage or fire.
- To train staff and volunteers in and ensure team adherence to all health and safety policy and procedures.
- Ability to work flexibly, including working weekends and on occasion work in other locations when necessary
- To manage the shop rota, ensuring shop opening within advertised hours with sufficient cover to operate safely
- To be flexible when tasks not covered by the job description have to be undertaken.
Skills and Knowledge
- Retail background
- People management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Good IT skills (including MS Office and email)
- Able to use own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Visual merchandising/window dressing
- Shop administration; finance, Gift Aid
- Commercial retail management experience
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers
- Demonstrable and proven communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Experience of leading successful teams
- Experience of working with donated goods
- Charity shop background
- Delivers great outcomes through our vision and strategy, effectively planning and meeting targets.
- Makes effective, data-driven decisions.
Role Model / Leading by Example
- Is an inspiring role model for others, building trust and living our Vision / Mission and principles and delivering our services accordingly.
- Consistently seeks to improve how we do things to achieve and Embraces change and innovation.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and honestly. Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them.
- Works with others as one team, actively collaborating to achieve a shared vision. Building relationships across SCT, sharing information and expertise.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.