SPITALFIELDS CRYPT TRUST
Post Title Community Shop Supervisor
Responsible to Community Shop Manager with dotted line to Community Shop Assistant Manager
Purpose of Post Provide Assistance to Community Shop Manager and Community Shop Assistant Manager
Salary Grade 1 £18,200 - £20,910 Per Annum
Hours 35 hours per week
Location SCT Charity Shops (London)
Role and Responsibilities:
We are recruiting for a Shop Supervisor to join our diverse and engaged team in our shops. It’s a great opportunity to deliver positive social impact in the local community and contribute to funding the vital work of SCT.
As Shop Supervisor, you will be responsible for maintaining high standards on our shop floor, supporting volunteers to provide excellent customer service. As well as involvement in stock selection, pricing and merchandising. A key part of the role will be to engage the shop within the local community with the onboarding of new volunteers.
To be successful in this role you will have retail experience or experience of working within a busy environment. Experience of providing a high standard of customer service and will have the ability to deal effectively with conflicting priorities. You will have strong administrative skills including using all Microsoft packages, be solution focused, resilient, have a high level of attention to detail and excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to successfully manage a busy and diverse workload.
The post holder will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with challenging situations and individuals with a range of needs.
You will have knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram and have a keen eye for fashion trends.
Assisting the Managers and assistant managers to achieve the following and using your initiative as necessary.
- To achieve maximum sales at all times
- To ensure that a high standard of service to customers is maintained at all times
- To maintain a high standard of display both in the shop and in the windows
- To ensure that the shop is clean and tidy at all times
- To ensure merchandise is clearly ticketed, sized and priced
- In consultation with the Shop Manager, arrange shop fittings to make the best use of space and to maximise sales
- To rotate stock so that no garment remains on the rails for longer than the specified rotation period
- To open and close the shop as specified by the Shop Manager
- To recruit and train volunteers to ensure they are able to perform tasks efficiently and effectively
- To ensure that key volunteers are adequately trained in the supervision and general management of the shop in the manager’s absence
- To complete all paperwork correctly and promptly
- To reconcile each day’s takings, keeping a clear and accurate record and pass them onto the Finance Administrator for banking
- To control all shop expenses within the budget agreed with the Shop Manager
- To ensure adequate stocks of necessary supplies are available by ordering on a regular basis
- To ensure that all sales are correctly recorded
- To ensure all money is kept secure
- To keep valuable donations in a secure place
- To be flexible when tasks not covered by the job description have to be undertaken
- To comply with guidelines within the staff handbook
- To be willing to cover at other shops when, and if, necessary
- To keep stockrooms clean and tidy
- To work within SCT guidelines to establish a social media presence for the shop
Skills and Knowledge
- Good literacy and numeric skills.
- Good team working and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to co-operate with other members of staff
- Retail Experience
- Experience of working with donated goods
- Charity shop background
- Working with and recruiting volunteers
- Delivers great outcomes through our vision and strategy, effectively planning and meeting targets
- Consistently seeks to improve how we do things to achieve and Embraces change and innovation
- Communicates clearly, effectively and honestly. Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them
- Works with others as one team, actively collaborating to achieve a shared vision. Building relationships across SCT, sharing information and expertise
Cover letter essential for full consideration to be given...
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.