Spitalfields Crypt Trust (SCT) is an East London charity providing practical help, support and training to people who have been homeless and suffering from addiction. It runs a homeless drop-in, a Recovery Hub (which includes an abstinence-based residential recovery hostel, an addictions counselling programme and a Training & Development Programme), supported houses and two social enterprises supporting people in recovery from addictions to put their lives back together. Our integrative approach is based on the ‘Recovery Capital’ methodology and is a whole-person approach, which takes into account physical, cultural, social, human and spiritual factors and assets.
In employment we actively seek to recruit people with a good combination of talent, skills and potential, promoting equality for all, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We select all candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and commitment to the values and purposes of the organisation. (Sources - Equal Opportunities Policy 2.2 (i) and (v)). SCT is a growing organisation with opportunities for people with good motivational skills and high levels of initiative.
Role and Responsibilities:
Working with and under the direction of the Director of Operations, you will:
- Manage the fundraising and communications team and direct their work where needed.
- Chair fundraising team meetings.
- Ensure fundraising targets are reached.
- Manage SCT communications
- Set targets for the team and track the progress.
- Write reports on the progress of fundraising for the Trustees (normally quarterly).
- Ensure that a good quantity of funding applications are made every month to help reach the funding target.
- With the Community Fundraiser, oversee any volunteer fundraising opportunities that are undertaken for SCT, liaising with Corporates where necessary. Additionally, facilitating liaison with the Volunteer Coordinator in the Retail Team
- Meet regularly with the Director of Operations and provide updates on progress.
- Identify potential donors including trusts, companies, churches and individuals and prepare applications for funding.
- Support and grow SCT’s network of Vice Patrons.
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing funders, including report writing and reapplication.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase donations from individuals, including major donors and regular donors.
- Develop and maintain efficient and comprehensive records and systems covering all aspects of fundraising work.
- Devise and develop fundraising events and initiatives to raise support and public interest.
- Represent SCT to external organisations including giving presentations about our work.
- Represent Fundraising at the weekly Managers’ Meetings.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks as requested by the Senior Management Team.
- Creating and implementing a fundraising strategy for the organisation.
- Hosting a monthly M&E meeting with services managers
- Represent the organisation at appropriate external meetings and events.
- Implement the Equal Opportunities Policy, understanding its implication in the development of services to service users.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the SCT and best practice of the Institute of Fundraising
- Attend training courses as required.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the pos
Please apply with CV and Cover letter (max 2 pages).
1st stage interviews will take place on February 8th 2021 and 2nd stage interviews will take place on February 15th 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.