THE SPITALFIELDS CRYPT TRUST
Post Title Individual Giving Manager
Responsible to Head of Fundraising and Communications
Purpose of Post To lead, review and drive forward the strategy to grow income from individual giving. Managing the recruitment and development of individual donors; maximising income through one-off and regular donations, payroll giving, warm mailings, and other donor development activities.
Salary £19,800 - £21,000 (£33,000 - £35,000 FTE)
Hours 22.5 hours per week (3 days per week)
Please send a CV and a covering letter as your application.
Spitalfields Crypt Trust (SCT) is an East London charity providing practical help, support and training to people who have been homeless and suffering from addiction. It runs a homeless drop-in, a Recovery Hub (which includes an abstinence-based residential recovery hostel, a Primary Programme and a Training and Development Centre), two supported houses and two social enterprises supporting people into long term recovery from addiction and homelessness. Our integrative approach is based on the ‘Recovery Capital’ methodology and is a whole-person approach, which takes into account physical, cultural, social, human and spiritual factors and assets. Set up over 50 years ago, the charity was one of the first in the UK to provide shelter to homeless, alcoholic men.
In employment we actively seek to recruit people with a good combination of talent, skills and potential, promoting equality for all, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We select all candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and commitment to the values and purposes of the organisation. (Sources - Equal Opportunities Policy 2.2 (i) and (v)). SCT is a growing organisation with opportunities for people with good motivational skills and high levels of initiative.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships between SCT and individual supporters. The post holder will be responsible for identifying and maximising income through targeted communications and stewardship with potential and existing regular donors, high-value donors and patrons. They will also have line management responsibility for the Communications Officer who will be supporting the Individual Giving Manager to increase support from individuals alongside other organisational-wide tasks.
This will role will also include development of the mid level, Major donor and Legacy fundraising programmes.
At SCT the Fundraising and Communications Team works collaboratively to share ideas, knowledge, skills and experience to create a supportive culture. This is something we are proud of and believe enhances our success.
An excellent knowledge fundraising is essential together with the ability to inspire supporters to select SCT as their preferred charity.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING FUNDRAISING
- Develop and implement a strategy for Legacy, Individual, Mid level and Major Donor fundraising with the Head of Fundraising and Communications, adhering to agreed targets and plans
- Review and assess our existing supporters and produce solicitation plans depending on their giving potential.
- Work with the Communications Officer to plan and deliver a regular communications and engagements with individual supporters
- Own and manage the Etapestry database. Providing queries and reports for the team as needed, keeping abreast of improvements or developments with the system and ensuring that all relevant info is captured across the team.
- Maximise the value of current donors, offering different opportunities to engage with SCT.
- Recruit and develop committed givers, maximising income from this area, including encouraging lapsed donors to resume giving and upgrading gifts where appropriate
- Manage ongoing cold supporter recruitment
- Monitor the performance of all donor recruitment activities reporting to management and making recommendations for future investment
- Co-ordinate feedback and updates to committed and high value donors, ensuring that they are kept close to our work and continue to support us
- Work with and support a Fundraising Volunteer to achieve agreed fundraising targets
- Manage and organise relevant project information to support individual giving.
- Provide regular reports to Head of Fundraising and Communications on all fundraising activity, performance and income streams.
- To line manage the Communications Officer, ensuring they are meeting their objectives and directly supporting fundraising activities as well as their responsibilities for the wider organisational.
- To work with Head of Fundraising and Communications in developing new ideas for potential improvement or fundraising opportunities.
- Contribute to the targets and plans as agreed with the Head of Fundraising and Communications, whilst contributing to the planning process
- Maintain the security of sensitive personal and other confidential information
- Attend meetings and events as required, which may include some out of hours work
- Maintain a broad and detailed knowledge of the SCT’s services and funding needs
- Identifying own and other’s learning and development needs, liaising with the Head of Fundraising and Communications and attending training seminars, courses and study days as appropriate.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to influence/persuade a wide range of stakeholders, including through face to face meetings
- Excellent IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Has proven successbuilding and increasing income fromindividual giving programme with a range of donors, including regular givers and major donors
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and methodical research skills with the ability to think creatively and strategically
- Knowledge of the sector
- Knowledge of regulatory environment for fundraising from individuals including data protection, Gift Aid and fundraising codes of practice and regulation
- Minimum 3-years experience working in fundraising
- Proven experience and a recent track record of success in raising funds from individuals, including major donors (£10,000+) and direct mailings (physical and/or electronic)
- Experience of developing presentations for clients
- Experience of consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Experience of databases and audience segmentation and use of data analytics
- Experience of fundraising in the voluntary sector
- Experience of developing relationships in local community
- Experience of creation of budget / forecasting
- Experience of using eTapestry/Raiser’s Edge database
- Experience of working in an organisation supporting individuals with addiction issues
- Delivers great outcomes through our vision and strategy, effectively planning and meeting targets.
- Makes effective, data-driven decisions.
Role Model / Leading by Example
- Is an inspiring role model for others, building trust,living our Vision / Mission and principles and delivering our services accordingly.
- Consistently seeks to improve how we do things to achieve and Embraces change and innovation.
- Communicates clearly effectively, and honestly. Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them.
- Works with others as one team, actively collaborating to achieve a shared vision. Building relationships across SCT, sharing information and expertise.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.