Post Title Individual Giving Fundraising Manager
Responsible to Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing
Purpose of Post To lead, review and drive forward the strategy to grow income from individual giving. Managing the recruitment and development of individual donors; maximising income through; one-off and regular donations, payroll giving, warm mailings, and other donor development activities.
Hours 35 hours/week
Interviews Interviews will be held for this post on Thursday 10th February 2021
The Individual Giving Fundraising Manager is responsible for developing and delivering relationships between SCT and individual supporters. The post holder will be responsible for identifying and maximising income through targeted communications and stewardship with potential and existing regular donors, high-value donors and patrons.
SCT wants to appoint a candidate who can realise the fundraising potential from our individual supporters. We already have a good foundation but we want to take it to the next level. This will include (but is not limited to) exploring our current supporters to plan the most appropriate engagement strategy for them and cultivating and growing our major donor programme. Growing income from individual supporters is a crucial area for the charity and essential to enable us to deliver life-changing services to people struggling with addiction and homelessness.
The role will manage the part-time Community Fundraising Officer, who focuses on events, communities (with a specific emphasis on faith-groups), legacies, third-party fundraisers and fundraising volunteers.
At SCT the Fundraising Team works collaboratively to share ideas, knowledge, skills and experience to create a supportive culture. This is something we are proud of and believe enhances our success.
An excellent knowledge fundraising is essential together with the ability to inspire supporters to select SCT as their preferred charity.
Individual Giving Fundraising
- Develop and implement a strategy for individual and major donor fundraising with the Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing, adhering to agreed targets and plans
- Review and assess our existing supporters and plan how to approach them depending on their giving potential, including cultivating our major donor programme
- Work with the Communications Officer and Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing to plan and deliver a regular communications and engagements with individual supporters, including digital approaches
- Maximise the value of current donors, offering different opportunities to engage with SCT
- Recruit and develop committed givers, maximising income from this area, including encouraging lapsed donors to resume giving and upgrading gifts where appropriate
- Manage and deliver an effective cold supporter recruitment campaign
- Monitor the performance of all donor recruitment activities reporting to management and making recommendations for future investment
- Coordinate feedback and updates to committed and high value donors, ensuring that they are kept close to our work and continue to support us
- Work with and support a Fundraising Volunteer to achieve agreed fundraising targets
- Manage and organise relevant project information to support individual giving
- Provide regular reports to Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing on all fundraising activity, performance and income streams.
- Work with the Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing in developing new ideas for potential improvement or fundraising opportunities
- Contribute to the targets and plans as agreed with the Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing, whilst contributing to the planning process
- Maintain the security of sensitive personal and other confidential information
- Attend meeting and events with partners as required, including some out of hours work
- Maintain a broad and detailed knowledge of the SCT’s services and funding needs
- Identifying own and other’s learning and development needs in liaison with the Director of Fundraising, Communications and Marketing, attending seminars and courses as appropriate
- Undertake such other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
- Proven experience and a recent track record of success in raising funds from individuals, including major donors (£10,000+) and direct mailings (physical and digital)
- Proven success in building or increasing an individual giving programme with a range of donors, including regular donors and major donors
- Good knowledge and understanding of the voluntary sector funding environment, including current major giving trends and the ability to identify and exploit new opportunities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to influence/persuade a wide range of stakeholders, including through face-to-face meetings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly convey concepts and inspire others to contribute financially
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills
- Financially literate with the ability to produce and understand budgets
- Well organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience of databases and audience segmentation and use of data analytics
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload, deal with conflicting demands, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with the ability to work to a schedule of deliverables where requirements can change
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and methodical research skills with the ability to think creatively and strategically
- Excellent IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Willing to work flexibly and proactively in response to supporters’ and SCT’s emerging needs
- Ability to work across teams and departments in a collaborative manner and to proactively engage colleagues on projects and initiatives
- Creative, enthusiastic and motivated ‘can-do’ approach
- Sensitivity to the complexities of cross-cultural communication and able to sustain good working relationships at a distance as well as in person
- An empathy with the aims, objectives and activities of SCT.
- Experience of using eTapestry/Raiser’s Edge database
- Experience of working in an organisation supporting individuals with addiction and/or homelessness issues
- Knowledge of regulatory environment for fundraising from individuals including data protection, Gift Aid and fundraising codes of practice and regulation.
Cover letters are essential for full consideration!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.