Post Title Recovery Hub Administrator
Responsible to Director of Services
Purpose of Post To provide Administrative services to housing, training and development managers as well as in-house therapists
Hours of work 37.5 hours per week
Salary Band 2: £20,573-£22,000 Per Annum
Location Spitalfields Crypt Trust, Acorn House, 116-118 Shoreditch High Street, London, E1 6JN
This is a 12 Month FTC (Maternity Cover), the role will ideally start in early July, interviews will be on an application basis and will be arranged with candidates via zoom/skype/facetime.
Application via CV.
Spitalfields Crypt Trust (SCT) is an East London charity providing practical help, support and training to people who have been homeless and suffering from addiction. It runs a homeless drop-in, a Recovery Hub (which includes an abstinence-based residential recovery accommodation, a Primary Programme and a Continuing Care Programme), supported houses and two social enterprises supporting people in recovery from addictions to put their lives back together. Our integrative approach is based on the ‘Recovery Capital’ methodology and is a whole-person approach, which takes into account physical, cultural, social, human and spiritual factors and assets. Set up over 50 years ago, the charity was set up to provide shelter to homeless, alcoholic men.
In employment we actively seek to recruit people with a good combination of talent, skills and potential, promoting equality for all, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We select all candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and commitment to the values and purposes of the organisation. (Sources - Equal Opportunities Policy 2.2 (i) and (v)). SCT is a growing organisation with opportunities for people with good motivational skills and high levels of initiative.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Answering general queries by telephone, email, letters (as instructed)
- Manage diaries and support staff in the Recovery Hub as needed providing comprehensive administrative and secretarial support across the board (Taking Minutes / preparing agenda’s etc.)
- Receiving deliveries, sorting mails and contacting appropriate department as required
- Induction of new residents into the Recovery Hub
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic records for the Recovery Hub
- Provide general FOH duties (i.e. reception, answering the phone etc.)
- First point of contact for IT related issues, escalating to our service provider
- Coordination of volunteers across our frontline programmes
- Assist ordering supplies including testing kits
- Uploading relevant data to our outcomes system ‘Inform’
- Liaise with benefits agencies and local authorities around payment of Housing Benefits
- Reducing any rent arrears by working to solve queries with managers
- Prepare rent and service charge statements to residents
- Dealing with rent collections
- Deal with queries regarding housing benefit, including dropping off required documents
- Report CORE (continues recording of lettings and sales in social Housing)
- Recording and updating Housing Benefit/Service Charge rent sheets and providing information to accountants (JS2)
- Deal with queries regarding housing benefit
- Provide occasional support to our social enterprise based in the Recovery Hub
- Working alongside the Office Administrator to cover in times of absence or to offer additional support in busy periods
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required
Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Input data on the monitoring and evaluation system
- Analysis of monitoring and evaluation for the recovery hub
- Accurate recording and filing of attendance records etc.
- Ensure service user feedback is captured and work with teams to enable action
Skills and Knowledge
- A-Level Standard
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial understanding and competency
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- A degree in any field
- Proven experience as an administrator in a cross functional team
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of independent working
- PA / EA experience
- Excellent level of IT skills (MS Office)
- Knowledge of Housing Benefits
- Knowledge of rental income
- Understanding of working with people from troubled backgrounds
- Delivers great outcomes through our vision and strategy, effectively planning and meeting targets.
- Makes effective, data-driven decisions.
Role Model / Leading by Example
- Is an inspiring role model for others, building trust and living our Vision / Mission and principles and delivering our services accordingly.
- Consistently seeks to improve how we do things to achieve and Embraces change and innovation.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and honestly. Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them.
- Works with others as one team, actively collaborating to achieve a shared vision. Building relationships across SCT, sharing information and expertise.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.