Spitalfields Crypt Trust (SCT) is an East London charity providing practical help, support and training to people who have been homeless and who are in addiction. Among our services is a drop-in for homeless people, a Housing First project, a Recovery Hub which includes an abstinence-based residential rehab (Acorn House), two supported houses and two social enterprises supporting people in recovery from addictions to put their lives back together. Our integrative approach is based on the ‘Recovery Capital’ methodology and is a whole-person approach, which takes into account physical, cultural, social, human and spiritual factors and assets.
In employment we actively seek to recruit people with a good combination of talent, skills and potential, promoting equality for all, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We select all candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and commitment to the values and purposes of the organisation. (Sources - Equal Opportunities Policy 2.2 (i) and (v)). SCT is a growing organisation with opportunities for people with good motivational skills and high levels of initiative.
Role and Responsibilities:
Housing and Service Delivery
- Provide strong and effective support to residents in SCT’s rehab hostel and move-on houses
- Carry out assessments and inductions with residents, reviewing with them on a regular basis
- Ensure the fundamental needs of the residents are met; good quality accommodation and facilities, healthy food, benefits advice, support with physical and mental health difficulties, maintain the abstinence and support-based environment.
- Ensure effective and compliant administration of resident-related data using InForm
- Ensure Housing Benefit is collected and managed effectively
- Ensure the delivery of high quality support to meet the needs and aspirations of residents
- Effective management of referrals from external and internal sources
- Ensure residents progress and engage with other SCT programmes (when required)
- Ensure conditions and requirements relating to any contracts or management agreements are applied throughout our services
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Effective control and management of cash
- Participate in a culture driving continuous improvement
- Promoting social inclusion for residents, allowing them to access all benefits available to them
- Support residents with physical and mental health issues, including liaison with GPs and mental health teams within the community, ensuring that residents are monitored through court or welfare rulings (where necessary)
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance needs are raised to the Registered Provider and followed up.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Maintain accurate records of residents using InForm
- Comply with Health and Safety processes including (but not limited to) fire safety, food hygiene, risk assessments and room checks and to raise any risks to the Senior Support Worker and Supported Housing Manager
- Ensure equipment of all applicable facilities is in good working order.
- To provide reception duties when needed
- To provide an on-call / out of hours service when required
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of issues that affect people with substance abuse / addiction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of treatment concepts and therapeutic approaches
- Knowledge of drugs and alcohol and their effects
- Knowledge and practical experience of using InForm#
- An understanding of statutory and legal requirements around housing, homelessness, and the welfare benefits
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments developing and reviewing support plans
- Experience of dealing and working with groups in a challenging environment
- Good level of IT skills (MS Office)
- Understanding of working with people with complex needs
- Experience of residential rehabilitation programmes
- Delivers great outcomes through our vision and strategy, effectively planning and meeting targets.
- Makes effective, data-driven decisions.
Role Model / Leading by Example
- Is an inspiring role model for others, building trust and living our Vision / Mission and principles and delivering our services accordingly.
- Consistently seeks to improve how we do things to achieve and Embraces change and innovation.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and honestly. Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them.
- Works with others as one team, actively collaborating to achieve a shared vision. Building relationships across SCT, sharing information and expertise.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.