We are looking for a Combined Independent Domestic Violence Advisor for 37 hours a week based at our Exeter office with opportunities to work from home. This role will cover Exeter, East and Mid Devon.
Please go to our website for the full job description, person specification and application form for the role. We do not accept CVs and only accept application forms.
You will be part of an experienced team providing high quality advice, guidance and support to victims of domestic violence and/or abuse enabling them to live safely.
You will be expected to provide a timely pro-active service to male and female victims of domestic violence and abuse, who have been assessed as being at high and medium risk of domestic abuse; working within a multi-agency setting to ensure risk is reduced.
Essential Criteria for the role:
· Experience of working with victims of domestic abuse or other vulnerable people in a challenging environment
· Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
· An understanding of confidentiality principles
· Understanding of domestic violence issues and its impact on all those involved
· Proven experience n support work
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months, maternity cover.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.