Under the direction of the Senior Partnerships Manager (Education):
- Ensure that youth work connects into Sport Birmingham’s strategic outcomes, supporting complementary activity within and outside the organisation and contributing to the continuous improvement and development of business (including the annual delivery plan, performance management framework, business planning, marketing and communications, equity, and safeguarding).
- Line manage the ‘youth’ team, ensuring operational delivery is achieved, and that volunteers and sessional workers are effectively recruited and equipped to support projects; implement Performance Development Plans for your team members.
- Take responsibility for project business plans managing resources, including the administrative, financial, monitoring and reporting systems; ensure risks to the projects are identified, managed, and mitigated against.
- Ensure delivery is in accordance with funding guidance, financial procedures, and policies, taking responsibility for setting budgets, monitoring income and expenditure, plus the submission of progress reports, case studies and evaluation processes designed to evidence the impact of interventions and performance against targets.
- Ensure adherence to the requirements of the Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport Standards, also relevant good practise guidelines, quality assurance and minimum standards.
- Lead on the development of stakeholder and partnership engagement, promoting collaboration across the education, sports and wider voluntary, youth and community sectors and raising awareness of funding opportunities available to increase participation in sport, wellbeing, and diversionary activity.
- Support the growing network of sports organisations and clubs to become sustainable by providing practical advice on recruiting and retaining young people and volunteers in clubs and organisations.
- Support the development of local events and competitions for youth-focused projects and programmes.
Closing for this role is 3 June. We are encouraging interested candidates to get in touch asap.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.