Please note this role closes to applications on Monday 19/10/2020 at 23:30
Sport England are seeking an individual with accounts payable experience to manage our accounts payable function (including the line management of one individual) within our Finance team, as well as undertake other responsibilities to support the rest of the team. You should be a part qualified accountant but this maybe your first experience of line managing.
You are excellent at delivering customer service both internally and externally to the organisation and will be key to ensuring we delivery against our prompt payment policy. Whilst Sport England is a large and vibrant organisation tasked with helping people across England live active lives, you don’t need to be sporty or know the off-side rule. In fact, we are looking for a champion plate-spinner instead - you will need to be organised, pay attention to detail and enjoy supporting others.
At Sport England, we want everyone regardless of age, background or level of ability to feel able to engage in sport and physical activity. You can help up do this.
Sport England recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We therefore welcome applications from people of all backgrounds in the community, particularly where we are under-represented, currently, this includes disabled people, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and women.
Managing an accurate financial transaction processing service to ensure all payments, in respect of grant awards and traditional purchase ledger suppliers, and receipts are processed in a timely manner and accordance with Sport England’s financial controls, policies and processes.
Supporting the wider Reporting and Control team in routine monthly and annual reporting to help Finance provide i) the organisation with timely, pertinent financial information and ii) statutory, regulatory and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (“DCMS” / “group”) reporting.
Skills & Experience
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Previous experience of transaction processing (purchase/sales ledgers)
- Managing and administering internal controls in finance systems
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, including experience of delivering good customer service both internally and externally to the organisation
- Ability to work autonomously and escalate issues when appropriate
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisation and time management
- Proactive at using own initiative to solve problems, drive and implement efficiencies as well as deliver a high-quality service
- Previous experience with Oracle NetSuite and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or any electronic purchase order system
- Experience of working in a public-sector organisation