About Sport Works
Sport Works is a social enterprise which supports individuals aged 4-94 to improve health, gain qualifications and move into sustainable employment or further training. Our team passionately believes in the power sport has, to effect positive social change and, in its ability, to enrich the lives of individuals and entire communities.
It is an exciting time to join Sport Works, an award-winning social enterprise, during a time of rapid expansion. Between 2021 and 2023 Sport Works will increase the number of people support by over 300%. An extremely passionate, ambitious, and dedicated person is required to join the team and support our mission to improve health, wellbeing, and educational standards throughout the country.
Sport Works currently operates from eleven sites across England and we are proud of the impact our work has on both communities and individuals. The Regional Manager role is key to our improvement and growth in coming years and is tasked to bring Sport Works’ ‘mission’ to the Yorkshire region.
What you are going to do in the role of Regional Manager Yorkshire:
- In the role of Regional manager, you will oversee and manage Sport Works’ contracts across Yorkshire with a key focus on establishing new projects/contracts throughout the region. You will cover multiple locations across the county of Yorkshire; therefore, it is essential that you have your own car.
- Working with our National Development Director, you hold responsibility to manage all aspects of project delivery, including recruitment and line management of delivery staff, budget management and customer service.
- You are building a network of stakeholders and partners in which we value a long-lasting relationship based on our values of respect and loyalty. In this role you are responsible for the communication with stakeholders to ensure projects are structured effectively and delivered to the highest quality standards.
- You will, develop and implement an average of 16 projects in your first year and after that we expect a minimum of 20% increase of projects year on year afterwards.
- You will also manage a sports delivery team who can adapt sessions appropriately dependent on the needs of young people.
- You are responsible for the monthly reporting based on KPI’s to the North of England Director.
For more information about the role see the job description on our website.
What we like to see in you:
- You have experience in development and implementation of sport, community, education, or wellbeing projects.
- You understand the sector in which Sportworks operates
- You know how to manage the projects, staff, and budgets.
- You can lead by example to set standards and are accountable for the set standards
- You show enthusiasm and are engaged and can inspire, encourage, and motivate your staff.
- You strive for excellence and care about what you do
- You are innovative and always want to progress, evolve, and challenge yourself, your colleagues and Sportworks.
- You can build and maintain relevant networks.
What Sportworks offers you if you are going to be part of our team:
- Employment contract with a starting salary between £ 24.000 and 26.000 depending on experience + performance bonus.
- 28 days holiday.
- Continuous training program and support during your career with a variety of career paths.
- Team and management support during your career at Sportworks
Are you the passionate and ambitious Regional Manager for Yorkshire Sportworks needs? Do not hesitate and let us know your interest by emailing your motivation letter in which you explain why you are the best candidate to invite for an interview. We like to receive a CV as well in which you state your relevant experience, qualifications and competence or skills which can contribute to the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.