12 month maternity contract
Home based whilst restrictions are in place then moving to a mixed homeworking and office based structure
SportInspired is a national, award winning charity helping children and young people from the UK’s most deprived communities to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
It is unacceptable that 4.1m children are growing up in poverty in the UK. We passionately believe sport has a vital part to play in improving the life-chances of those who need it most.
By 2030, we will be supporting every 9-year-old across the UK with our services. This role will play a key part in that growth.
Here’s what you will need to do:
- Lead on delivery and review of SportInspired’s fundraising strategy in line with 2030 vision
- Oversee and lead on the retention and growth of existing funding partnerships
- Oversee and lead on developing new funding partnerships across all SportInspired’s key income streams:
- Housing Associations
- Trusts & Foundations
- Major Donors (new)
- Individual Giving (new)
- Legacy (new)
- Events (new)
- Produce compelling proposals across all income streams
- Manage funding pipeline
- Oversee all proposal submissions
- Directly mange key relationships
- Ensure donor journey supports long-term partnerships
- Ensure cross fertilisation across all relevant income streams is maximised
- Support the Communications Magner to develop a new Marketing and Communications strategy in line with 2030 vision
- Oversee the development of SportInspired’s key audiences, ultimately creating a thriving, engaged community across all media channels
- Oversee the professionalisation of SportInspired’s assets and content enabling the voices of the children we support to be heard and strengthen our supporter base
- Oversee the evolution of our audiences to raise income through the following channels:
- Individual Giving
Organisational Development & Governance
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, deliver the SportInspired strategy and ensure funding and communications supports SportInspired’s overall strategic aims
- Collaborate with all colleagues to ensure reporting deadlines are managed and met
- Lead on the development of new income streams, major donors, legacy and events
- Manage key relationships with Trustees to support income generation and growth
- Lead the development of annual and longer-term income generation plans and create robust systems, processes and best practices to implement those plans efficiently and effectively
- Report on departmental performance at Board Meetings and implement internal monitoring and reporting structures to ensure accountability
- Performance management and development of the team
- Monitor and review learning and development structure for team and make recommendations based on evidenced impact
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Excellent, persuasive writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Understanding of fundraising regulations and best practices
- Deep understanding of fundraising frameworks and best practice
- Highly organised, with ability to manage your own and the team’s workload with competing priorities
- Commercially astute and credible professional
- Sharp attention to detail
- Open and transparent, shares knowledge with others
- Team player
- A passion for working with children and young people
- Desirable to have understanding of budgets and charity governance and financial management
- High-level fundraising experience of personally securing five/six-figure partnerships
- Significant corporate fundraising experience with demonstrable income generation results
- Significant team management and team growth experience
- Significant proposal writing experience with proven ability to distil complex information into a compelling case for support
- Demonstrable experience of innovating to secure new funding
- Significant, successful experience of pitching for new partnerships
- Desirable to have worked successfully in a small to medium sized charity setting
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM
- Desirable to have experience in a senior leadership role, with board reporting responsibilities
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Part-time can be considered for exceptional candidates.
Equal opportunities employer
SportInspired values diversity and inclusion and strongly encourages applications from all sections of the community. We request that you complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to establish if there are different success rates between genders, people of different sexual orientation, ages, different ethnic backgrounds or faiths, and people with disabilities. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not affect your application in any way.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to everyone who applies, so only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.