SportInspired is a national, award winning charity helping children and young people from the UK’s most deprived communities to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
It is unacceptable that 4.1m children are growing up in poverty in the UK. We passionately believe sport has a vital part to play in improving the life-chances of those who need it most.
By 2030, we will be supporting every 9-year-old across the UK with our services. This role will play a key part in that growth.
Here’s what you will need to do:
Income Generation – Major Donors
- Set up an innovative, new Major Donor programme to support the growth required to reach 2030 vision
- Create a robust, commercially astute development plan to roll out an effective Major Donor strategy
- Develop pipeline of potential donors along with cultivation and retention strategies
- Developing and managing a newly created Philanthropy Board
Income Generation – Trusts & Foundations
- Identify Trust & Foundation opportunities that align with SI’s objectives
- Manage proposal submissions in a timely and efficient fashion
- Produce compelling proposals and reports
- Identity high-value prospects and develop robust relationships
Income Generation – Corporate Partnerships
- Partnership manage some of SportInspired’s key corporate partnerships driving strong relationships, growth, and retention
- Innovate to develop new engagement products
- Nurture and grow corporate fundraising income
- Produce compelling reports
- Support the Head of Fundraising and Communications with new funding opportunities as appropriate
The postholder will use strong commercial acumen and relationship skills to ensure all opportunities for cross-fertilisation across all these income streams are maximised.
- Work closely with Head of Fundraising and Communications to ensure all deliverables support 2030 growth
- Work closely with Communications Manger to produce professional assets across each income stream
- Significant liaison with CEO and COO to produce competitive proposals grounded in SportInspired’s overarching strategy
- Ensure SportInspired governance framework is adhered to and embedded within everything you do
- Ensure all processes and systems defined / supplied by SportInspired are used
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent, persuasive writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Deep understanding of fundraising frameworks and best practice
- Ability to manage workload with competing priorities
- Commercially astute and credible professional
- A passion for working with children and young people
- Highly organised and able to work efficiently, with good time management, and to hit deadlines
- Sharp attention to detail
- Open and transparent, shares knowledge with others
- Team player
- High-level fundraising experience of personally securing five-six-figure partnerships
- Significant major donor fundraising experience with demonstrable income generation results
- Experience of setting up a new, successful major donor programme
- Experience in nurturing and growing funder relationships
- Strong network of high-net-worth individuals
- Significant proposal writing experience with proven ability to distil complex information into a compelling case for support
- Demonstrable experience of innovating to secure new funding
- Significant, successful experience of pitching for new partnerships
- Desirable to have worked in a small/medium-sized charity setting
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The role will be homeworking for now with the option for both home and London office working once restrictions are lifted.
Equal opportunities employer
SportInspired values diversity and inclusion and strongly encourages applications from all sections of the community. We request that you complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to establish if there are different success rates between genders, people of different sexual orientation, ages, different ethnic backgrounds or faiths, and people with disabilities. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not affect your application in any way.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to everyone who applies, so only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.