Do you want to support us to scale up solutions to the world’s most pressing social needs? Interested in working in an innovative, flexible and dynamic team? We’re looking for someone to join our consulting team in the UK office.
Spring Impact (formerly known as The International Centre for Social Franchising) is an organisation with a bold social mission.
We work with social impact projects around the world that are doing truly transformative work, developing the plans, the systems and the processes they need in order to become scalable and reach many more people.
Spring Impact is a registered charity, but one that operates with bags of entrepreneurial drive. We are innovative, imaginative and highly skilled in doing a lot with a little. The team you will be joining are an exceptional bunch who have been drawn from highly successful careers in a variety of fields and who have chosen to focus their talents on scaling social impact. We have a UK team, based in London, and a US office in San Francisco.
We are looking for someone to join our dynamic and growing UK consultancy team. As a Consultant, you will proactively support our Senior Consultants and Managing Consultants to ensure effective engagement with clients. You will work across a diverse portfolio of mainly national and some international projects, across sectors from healthcare and homelessness to education and humanitarian aid; typically working on 3-4 client projects at once.
As we work collaboratively with our clients and really take the time to get to know them; you will have the opportunity to travel across the UK and internationally to meet them wherever they are based. As part of the client team, you will apply your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to help our clients determine how they can best scale their impact.
You will be confident in taking responsibility for your own work and communicating complex information, and will be driven by the opportunity to learn and develop within the role.
- Work in project teams alongside a Spring Impact Senior Consultant or Managing Consultant. Consultants typically:
- Contribute to shaping the strategic direction of projects and recommendations to clients
- Prepare and facilitate sections of workshops with clients
- Draft reports and other deliverables for clients and internal use
- Develop financial models
- Provide analysis of information to serve project objectives and outcomes
- Conduct some desk-based research, interviews and focus groups with clients, stakeholders and their beneficiaries
- Coordinate project logistics
- Support with internal activities that contribute to Spring Impact’s overall mission and strategy:
- Contribute to the development of the organisation by participating in internal projects to improve our M&E, develop our external communications or update our methodology
- Develop proposals for new and existing clients
- Write blogs or attend conferences
- Provide organisational support as a member of the Spring Impact team, including some administrative tasks
Deadline and interview dates
Deadline for application: 5pm, Wednesday, 2nd October 2019
Telephone interviews: 10th October 2019.
Final interviews: Week commencing 21st October 2019.
Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to meet with another member of our consulting team during the work commencing 28th October. This will not form part of the assessment process, but is intended to provide candidates with an opportunity to find out more about the role before making a decision.
We will review applications as they are received and may be in touch with some candidates to arrange interviews in advance of these dates. We will conclude this process early if a suitable candidate is appointed.
To make an application
To make an application please email your written application, to include the following information;
- An email / cover note, detailing:
- Which role you are applying for
- How you heard about the job
- When you would be available to start
- Details of two referees – please note that references would only be taken up immediately ahead of an offer being made and with your prior knowledge
- An up to date CV of no more than two pages
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages, demonstrating:
- Your understanding of Spring Impact’s mission and what, therefore, attracts you to the organisation
- The respects in which your skills, knowledge and experience are a good fit for the role, with specific reference to the Job Description and Person Specification attached
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.