National Head of Corporate Fundraising & Events
Full Time, permanent
35 hours per week
Location: London, Head office
The Springboard Charity helps supporting young people achieve their potential, relieves unemployment for people of all ages and alleviates poverty by supporting people into employment within Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism Industries.
Its trading subsidiary, Springboard UK is committed to promoting the industry as a “first choice” career through sustaining brand awareness, promoting careers, attracting talent and providing services to its Business Partners.
We provide a specialist careers advice and guidance service, educational services in schools, work experience, and programmes that support vulnerable people into employment. At the same time we deliver effective careers campaigns, engage in fundraising activities and support the industry.
The National Head of Corporate Fundraising & Events is responsible for generating income to support work of both The Springboard Charity and its trading subsidiary Springboard UK through private sector sales and fundraising events.
The principal accountabilities of the role are:
- Income Generation: supporting the achievement of an annual income target currently circa £3.2M with a target of £4.3M by 2021/22 (the target is shared with National Fundraising Partner) primarily through securing sponsorship, industry investment through Business Partnerships, sales, Corporate Patrons and fundraising events and challenges.
- External Relationships Management: developing and fostering productive relationships with allocated existing and new national sponsors, industry partners, suppliers and Corporate Patrons.
- Internal Communication: communicating effectively on a regular basis internally to keep relevant staff fully aware of sponsor and other funder commitments and deliverables and share information on good practice.
- Team Management: providing leadership and guidance to the Business Relationship Managers and Events Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong profile and connections within the Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Proven track record in developing and successfully delivering against an annual budget, including both income and expenditure fundraising across all streams & knowledge of funding sources
- Strong experience of securing enough income through private sales, fundraising events, donors.
- Proven experience of working with, and influencing, individuals at the highest management level as well as managing key strategic relationships with a range of different funders (such as sponsors, industry partners, suppliers) and delivering demonstrable benefits to both parties
- The ability to cost projects and ascertain financial viability and risk
- Excellent negotiation and deal closing skills; ability to ‘Package’ a proposition and, through effective persuasion and negotiation, ‘sell’ the proposition to key target audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM platform
- Strong leadership skills of managing teams across the UK
- Strong ability to produce effective reports/proposals, consistently to a high standard that have persuaded individuals and/or groups at a senior management level.
- Strategically minded and able to look at the ‘bigger picture’ but prepared to get stuck in no matter what challenges are thrown at you
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 annum dependent experience, plus performance bonus, 25 days’ annual leave and a great opportunity to develop your career in a growing Charity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.