This is an exciting opportunity to join Spurgeons Children Charity and make a difference to the lives of children and their families.
Is your professional background in education, social care or health?
Are you ready to shape and lead a new model in Family Services?
If you’re innovative, strategic and a strong leader, we’d like to talk to you about heading our brand new team in Elmbridge, Surrey as Children’s Service Manager. Leading a team of 15 to deliver support work across 3 local centres, you will work closely with community partners to support families struggling to cope. Within this new holistic, community-based service for children aged 0-11 and their families – we’re looking for a special person to take it forward and deliver change.
You will need:
- Passion and compassion
- A commitment to making a difference
- An ability to provide clear direction, advice and guidance
- Practice leadership and management experience within your professional field
- Knowledge on how to keep children safe;
- A degree and a professional accreditation in a relevant field, preferably education, social care, psychology or health
- Excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong situational judgement: an ability to make sense of information quickly and act on decisions made with responsibility
- An efficient and focused approach to using time, resources and expertise
- Commitment to both your own development and that of your colleagues.
Spurgeons is an inclusive national children’s charity working to support 80,000 children and families through more than 50 services across the country - in Children’s Centres, prisons, schools, counselling settings, churches, community settings and family homes. We support those who are disadvantaged, burdened and harmed. We ‘work with’, not ‘do to’, driven by our aim and hope to help bring young people a better future.
We will offer you:
- A genuine chance to make a real difference
- A rare opportunity to shape a new service and team and champion it across the organisation and beyond
- Ongoing professional development within a culture of learning and improvement
- A supportive and friendly team of colleagues
- The ability to work flexibly and occasionally from home.
Closing date: 5th December 2019
Interview date: 16th December 2019
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an appropriate level DBS Disclosure.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.