A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a new full-time role, Head of Supporter Experience, in the Fundraising Directorate at SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity.
SSAFA is the UK’s oldest tri-service charity, providing lifelong support for serving personnel, veterans and their families. Last year, we helped 82,001 people from the Armed Forces family to get back on their feet. We provide hope, welfare and financial support for as long as it takes to give back independence and dignity to all those who turn to us for help. From the youngest recruit to the oldest veteran, no one’s service is ever forgotten.
To enable us to grow further, we have identified a need to realign SSAFA’s fundraising and marketing /comms resources to truly place supporters at the centre of their relationships with the charity. Achieving this will mean cultural, process and systems changes in how we plan, develop and inspire supporter experiences, starting with our fundraising and marketing communications functions.
About the role
- This is a senior leadership position within the Fundraising directorate, reporting to the Director of Fundraising.
- Your aim will be to inspire and maintain engagement with existing and new supporters in order to create high-value lifetime relationships with SSAFA.
- You will have overall responsibility for creating a data-led and data-insight approach to planning and resource allocation within the Fundraising directorate, helping to shape the shared strategic goals of the Fundraising and Marketing teams.
- Working across multiple teams, you will define the strategic direction for SSAFA’s supporter experience, with a product neutral remit that spans Fundraising and Marketing, focused on building high levels of engagement with existing and new supporters.
- To be successful you will support and influence teams across Fundraising & Marketing, ensuring that the Heads in these directorates support a joined-up approach and that informed decisions are made in allocating resource and optimal access to SSAFA’s database of supporters.
- You will inspire the broader organisation to place supporters at the centre of its activities, embedding the experience of the supporter into its thinking.
About the team
You will be joining a high-performing team with considerable experience across a broad and mature portfolio of fundraising products and activities. There is a widely shared recognition that to make a paradigm shift in inspiring supporter value and engagement, a cultural shift needs to take place within the team. Reporting directly to the Director of Fundraising this role will guide and implement that change.
To carry out this role successfully you will have developed and implemented a supporter-centric strategy in previous roles, whether in a charity, private or public sector context.
You will have excellent strategic and practical knowledge of Customer Relationship Management programmes/ systems and of analysing supporter life cycles and creating segmented supporter profiles to optimise fundraising campaigns and new product development.
You will have used your knowledge and experience of developing customer/supporter strategies based on analysis of supporter behaviours and value-alignments to deliver programmes that inspire engagement using a variety of channels and engagement products.
You will be ambitious and driven, seeking a challenging role that enables you to lead a significant transformation in the way that Fundraising and Marketing functions operate at scale. There is excellent potential for this to provide a significant career opportunity for someone focused on being at the forefront of redefining the way in which the charity sector builds high-engagement and lifetime value from its supporters.
You will have strong leadership drive, and be skilled at balancing and aligning multiple stakeholder interests.
SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please. Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
Closing date: Midnight on 02 February 2020
Interviews: February 2020
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you wish to apply for any of our vacancies you will be asked to answer some screening questions before completing an application form and uploading your CV. Personal data to progress your application for employment is covered under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Article 6 Section 1b and Article 9 2b and c. Your details will not be used for any other purpose or shared with a third party without your permission. Data on unsuccessful candidates will be retained for one year from the vacancy being filled. If you take up employment with us, your information will be held for the duration of your employment plus six full calendar years. Further details are contained in SSAFA’s Privacy Statement on our website.