- Supporting individuals with tenancy sustainment issues
- Dealing with issues involving housing, benefits, welfare rights, personal finance, life skills and the promotion of personal independence
- To act as Keyworker for a number of service users, you will hold a case load that you will be responsible for completing and reviewing risk assessments and support plans.
- Completing key working sessions with service users to coordinate their support packages including referring into appropriate statutory and voluntary services.
- Handling matters relating to the tenancy (e.g. Housing Benefit advice, anti-social behaviour, arrears advice etc) and to actively involve the Resettlement officer and Hostel Services Manager
- To keep tenant records ensuring these are kept safe and confidential up to date and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation
- Working effectively as part of the resettlement team & regular case reports to your manager
- Assessing individual tenants support needs and to liaise with statutory and non-statutory/voluntary agencies, where appropriate, to negotiate and agree their participation in supporting the individual
- Maintaining records of all supported tenancies in the case load and to liaise with appropriate management
- Full-Driving License with access to own car
- Relevant experience of working in a social housing, statutory or voluntary sector environment in a similar or related role
- Experience of working with the benefit and welfare system
- Posses higher level of education relevant training/ experience and may have a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIH)
- Excellent Admin/IT skills
The applicant must complete an enhanced DBS check before taking up the role
Required license or certification:
- Driving License
Job Type: Part-time (20 hrs per week)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.