St Barbe Museum+ Art Gallery is located at t heart of the historic market town of Lymington in the New Forest. St Barbe is both a dynamic museum and a highly regarded art gallery showcasing unique exhibitions, borrowing work from the V&A, Tate, the British Museum and other national organisations, attracting local and national visitors.
Seeking a highly experienced development and marketing professional with tenacity, drive and imagination is required to develop our ambitious fundraising programme. Applying to Trusts and Foundations; maximising the reach of our commercial activities; developing our business and partner relationships; promoting the progressive growth of audiences and enhancing the public experience of St Barbe Museum and Art Gallery through the delivery of creative communications and activity.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the fundraising and marketing strategy of St Barbe.
- Assist the Director in assessing and agreeing fundraising objectives for St Barbe. Creating a Fundraising and Marketing Strategy to inform and guide day to day activity and allocation of resources
- Grow relationships with Trusts and foundations and other funding organisations and develop a timetable of funding applications to ensure maximum opportunities
- Managing the volunteer friend’s membership team and developing the database
- Provide bespoke stewardship of donors, patrons and other supporters through tailored communications.
- Support programming at the planning and development stage to maximise fundraising and marketing potential
Marketing and Communications
- Effectively manage the Marketing and development officer to ensure the research and implementation of promotional opportunities for the Museum and work directly with printers/designers to produce and distribute promotional media in a targeted, timely and cost effective manner
- Assist the Director in developing the Museum’s brand and effectively control branding of all media, issuing guidelines for staff volunteers and trustees as required.
- Evaluate and report on communications campaigns for exhibitions, events and other initiatives to the Trustee Board.
- Manage digital marketing activities including regular e-newsletters and social media posts.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the Director associated with the duties listed above.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.