£19,389 to £20,114 per annum depending on Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent.
Additional allowance £30 per sleep-in
Full time vacancy - 40 hours per week
Location: Willehnhall & Sandwell
Fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of our Children’s Homes Services. St Christopher’s is expanding its residential childcare provision in the Midlands with one new Home in Willenhall.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services across the UK & Isle of Man. Children and young people are at the centre of everything we do and we use evidence based practice to deliver services valued by them. If you work for St Christopher`s Fellowship you will travel with children and young people on their life journey and have the opportunity to make an impact on their lives.
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do at St Christopher’s: Care, respect, professionalism, flexibility, honesty and creativity. We genuinely believe every person matters and has the potential to achieve - we create that environment to support this.
We have now a fantastic opportunity for you to make a difference to vulnerable young people.
At St Christopher`s we can provide more than just a care job. We offer an industry leading training programme, access to qualifications, with a range of employee benefits and of course wider career progression opportunities within our network. A job with St Christopher`s could really be a job for life.
You will be playing a fundamental part in improving the lives of vulnerable young people by delivering care to them in our homes. We are actively looking for interested people who want to be part of our Sandwell team
Applicants should have:
- Have the ability to build genuine and trusting relationships and real passion for working with children
- Have the resilience to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances
- Be able to motivate young people and encourage their independence
- Have high personal and professional standards
- Flexibility to undertake shift working including weekends and bank holidays.
- Willingness to achieve level 3 Diploma and complete all required trainings.
In return we offer:
- Salary £19,389 to £20,114, depending on qualifications and experience, rising incrementally to £25,446 based on performance.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funding Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
St Christopher’s Approach
Using our holistic and multidisciplinary approach founded on the “heads, hearts, hands” principles of social pedagogy, you will be able to understand and address the impact of the abuse they have suffered and helped them move on, whilst building positive relationships to develop self-esteem and skills to keep themselves safe.
We make sure our actions reflect our values. Working in this way allows us to build trust and empower people to do their best, whatever their role.
At St Christopher’s having the right people and investing in their development is crucial. Our Training Team, alongside the Home Managers, ensure that each member of staff has a detailed development plan that matches the work they do and equips them to be knowledgeable, creative, calm, supportive and confident in whatever situation comes their way.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification.
Next Assessment days: 04th November 2019
Please bear in mind that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.