We have a fantastic development opportunity to join one of our five Children’s Homes in London.
We are looking for candidates with the aspiration to develop their careers with us and become Registered Managers through our Leadership Passport and Management Training offer.
Starting salary of £31,552 as Deputy Manager, and up to £41,208 as Registered Manager.
We are proud that 80% of our Registered Managers are internal promotions. Take your career to next level with our comprehensive in-house training and funded Level 5 qualifications.
St Christopher's is an established children’s charity that has provided care and support for vulnerable children and young people for 150 years. Our focus and commitment is all about our children and young people. We provide fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services across London, Essex, West Midlands and the Isle of Man.
We really care about children and young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We ask children and young people what they think and involve them in decision making, from helping to shape new services to interviewing new members of staff. Our social pedagogic approach is our core philosophy of care. Put simply this is a holistic approach for building positive relationships with children and young people to bring out their inner “diamond”.
We are an equal opportunity employer and keen to develop an inclusive workforce were people feel they belong. We hope to attract application from under- represented groups including people from different cultures, nationalities, socio economic backgrounds, ages, disabilities, religion, faith, sex, orientation, child care responsibilities and with gender diverse identities.
St Christopher’s Academy
When you join St Christopher’s, we will set you up in your career with a tailored development plan. Whether you want to move across to a different service, become a Manager or just explore further your current role, we will support you to map out your career trajectory and help you achieve your professional ambitions. If you want to learn more about St Christopher’s Academy, please click visit our website.
The successful candidate will have:
- Two years’ recent experience of working with children/young people who are at risk in a residential or community based setting.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent or at least Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Ability to develop appropriate one-to-one relationships with young people and employ mentoring skills that empower young people to achieve their goals
- Numeracy skills to manage budgets efficiently and contribute to the budgetary process.
- An understanding of the regulatory framework relevant to the provision of residential services for children and young people.
- Awareness of issues facing young people such as bullying, gangs and exploitation and how these impact on behaviour
- Ability to work shifts including weekends and bank holidays and undertake sleep-ins.
- Ability and willingness to be part of an on call rota overseeing multiple Homes.
About the Role
As Deputy Manager, you will lead and support a professional team of staff committed to transforming young lives and creating positive outcomes. You will be supported by a Registered Manager, Deputy Manager, Team Leaders, and the team of residential staff.
Key aspect of the role:
- To assist the manager in safeguarding and ensuring every child and young person receives high quality care as measured by Ofsted in the social care common inspection framework.
- To assist the manager in the management of the home, including the staff, external relationships, the budget, the resources and fabric of the building.
In return we offer:
- Starting Salary of £31,552
- Real opportunities to develop your career and become a Registered Manager.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
For further information and to apply online, please visit our website.
Closing date: 29th May 2022
Assessment dates: 6th & 10th June 2022
Our Assessment days will last for approx. 6 hours and they will be held in our Offices in Putney. Should you be shortlisted and invited, please ensure you are available to attend.