St Christopher’s Fellowship is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a Finance Manager on a permanent, full-time basis. St Christopher’s Fellowship are a national charity which was founded in 1870 to create brighter futures for children and young people. We work across the UK and Isle of Man providing children’s homes, supported housing, fostering and specialist support services, all designed for young people in care, on the edge of care, or leaving care. We work alongside young people to support their development, grow their confidence and reach their full potential.
This Finance Manager will take responsibility for the operational element of the Finance Department; including management and development of a small team, production of the monthly management accounts, forecasts and annual budget and to lead financial business partnering within the organisation.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the Finance Department staff team; including development and training, monthly one-to-one supervisions and annual appraisals.
- Work on the annual budget process (ensuring that it is embedded within the business planning cycle and value for money requirements) and budget revisions/forecasts, and carry out continuing maintenance on the budget as directed by the Director of Finance.
- Lead on the production of management accounts to an agreed timetable including raising journals, regular reconciliations, supporting analysis and variance analysis to a monthly timetable or as otherwise agreed.
- Partner with non-finance staff to further their understanding of budgetary control and other finance-related matters as agreed with the Director of Finance, including visits to their sites where necessary.
- Lead on the production of the statutory report and accounts for the Group and its subsidiary companies under FRS102 and Housing SORP.
- Work with the Director of Finance to develop further the use of Access Dimensions and other finance related systems.
- Lead on the day to day relationship with the bank; including transferring money between different sites accounts, ensuring mandates are up to date and maintaining and ordering of new cash cards.
- Deputise for the Director of Finance in their absence.
St Christopher’s vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved & happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
Our mission is to create brighter futures for children and young people. We do this by providing fostering, residential and support services where children and young people can feel safe and cared for. We support them to make positive relationships which give them the confidence to succeed.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant accounting qualification (or part qualified) such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent is essential.
- A high level of technical skills including knowledge of FRS102 and the Housing SORP.
- 3 years+ experience of management accounting, budgeting, forecasting and the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Experience of managing a team is desirable but not essential as training and coaching could be provided.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with Finance and Non-Finance staff, both internally and externally.
- The ability to follow strict guidelines and complete work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Word and intermediate to advanced level computer skills in MS Excel (using Vlookups, pivot tables, SUMIF).
This position will be based officially at the organisations head office in Putney with highly flexible working on offer. The closing date for applications is 6th October with first stage interviews taking place the week commencing 11th October. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!