Location : Putney SW15 with substantial travel to UK Services. Alternative place of work locations in West Midlands and Essex are also available
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and qualifications
37.5 hours per week
Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
As a leading charity for children and young people we do this by providing children’s homes, fostering, homes for care leavers and specialist support services, all designed for young people in care, on the edge of care, or leaving care. We support young people to grow positive relationships which give them the confidence to succeed.
About This Role
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic self-motivated individual with a proven track record in planning and managing multiple simultaneous innovative project deliveries with exceptional customer service skills. The successful candidate will be working to support the Head of Business Development to deliver new children and young people’s services on time with adequate appropriate resources in line with Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 guidance and the Children Act 1989 and 2002.
Key aspect of the Role:
- To lead on the project management of new services and strategic delivery boards to ensure that new business developed is successfully implemented within timescales, on budget and aligned to the organisational strategy.
- Establish relationships with key commissioning bodies, placement teams, Safeguarding Partners and other key stakeholders within service local communities.
- Support the attainment of monthly contractual and organisational milestone targets including recruitment and placements.
- Obtain contracts and partnership agreements with local authorities pertinent to new contracts.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of project management.
- Experience of relationship building at high levels with external stakeholders.
- A knowledge and understanding of the social care agenda in a challenging economic climate.
- Business and target orientated and strong sense of drive and initiative.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve outcomes – strong team player.
- Ability to assess critical interdependencies in new projects to optimise delivery time.
- Able to manage implementation budgets and bring projects full live on time and on budget.
- Forward-thinker, creative, makes prompt, clear decisions that may involve tough choices or considered risks.
- Excellent oral skills and personal presentation, excellent presentation skills (including IT).
- Flexible approach to working hours with ability to attend evening meetings and travel throughout UK and the Isle of Man with overnight stays if necessary.
In return we offer:
- A salary range of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Annual salary review based on performance.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- Industry leading training programme including children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays.
- 5% employer contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
St Christopher’s is committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care including the principals of Safer Recruitment. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements to assess your suitability to work with children and young people.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to your start date.
Your application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria given in the Person Specification.
For the full Job Description for this role and more detail about what will be required, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 22nd September 2019
Interview Date: 30th September and 4th October 2019
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community as well as applications from candidates with experiences of care or of being a care leaver.