Support Workers – Days – Kilburn
Young People 12 - 17 years old
From £22,067 to £23,117 depending on Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent
40 hours shift work
- Kilburn (NW2)
- Ealing (W5)
- Islington (N7)
Our core values are at the heart of everything we do at St Christopher’s: Care, respect, professionalism, flexibility, honesty and creativity. We make sure our actions reflect our values. Working in this way allows us to build trust and empower people to do their best, whatever their role.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services across the UK & Isle of Man. Children and young people are at the centre of everything we do and we use evidence based practice to deliver services valued by them. If you work for St Christopher`s Fellowship you will travel with children and young people on their life journey and have the opportunity to make an impact on their lives.
At St Christopher`s we can provide more than just a care job. We offer an industry leading training programme, access to qualifications, with a range of employee benefits and of course wider career progression opportunities within our network.
About the Role
As Residential Support Worker you will be involved in the direct day to day support of young people aged 11 to 17, joining in with activities, coaching on life skills, helping with homework and being a positive role model. You will also complete detailed records, write reports and assist with the general upkeep of the home. Key working for one or two of the young people will be expected.
We aim to improve young people’s self-esteem so they believe in themselves and feel confident enough to reach for their dreams.
Applicants should have:
- Genuine commitment to working and supporting Young People to achieve their full potential.
- Have the ability to build genuine and trusting relationships with young people
- Have the resilience to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances
- Be able to motivate young people and encourage their independence
- Have high personal and professional standards
- Flexibility to undertake shift working including evenings, weekends and bank holidays, and occasional sleep-ins.
What you should expect from us
- Salary £22,067 to £23,117, depending on qualifications and experience, rising incrementally to £25,955 based on performance.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification.
For the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website.
Next Assessments Dates:
31st January 2020
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this opportunity might be filled before the stated closing date.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community as well as applications from candidates with care experience or experience of being a care leaver.