£22,630, rising to £23,582 upon successful completion of probationary period and mandatory training
Grant to study Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
40 hours per week shift work, including weekends and bank holidays
Locations: Islington (N7), Kilburn (NW2), Ealing (W5 & W13) or Balham (SW12)
If you are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding Career where no two days are the same, this could be the job for you!
You will have the opportunity to support children and young people, who from adversity are developing their resilience, to develop key life skills, build trusting relationships, create environments where they can flourish and experience success, while participating in fun activities with them.
The only thing you need is a passion for making a difference. We don't require previous care experience as we provide all the training and support you need to excel in your role, even professional care qualifications, through our St Christopher's Academy Entry Pathway.
What you need to bring to this role
- resilience to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances.
- ability to build genuine and trusting relationships with young people.
- ability to work as part of a team.
- empathy but also ablility to understand the importance of professional boundaries.
- flexibility to undertake shift work including weekends, bank holidays and with notice, occasional sleep-ins.
Our locations cover Islington (N7), Kilburn (NW2), Ealing (W5 & W13) and Balham (SW12)
Once your induction and training program has been completed, you will be permanently assigned a Home based on your preferred region (South London, West London or North London) and depending on services’ needs and vacancies available.
What you should expect from us
- Comprehensive induction and training program including Social Pedagogy, Safeguarding, Children’s Right and Participation, Mental Health, Child Sexual Exploitation, Level 3 and 5 Qualifications.
- Competitive pay and reward structure offering salary progression based on performance.
- Tailored career development plan through our “St Christopher’s Academy”.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
If you wish to know more about this opportunity, please visit our website.
Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative leaving care services across the UK & Isle of Man. We have a passionate commitment to our young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We provide positive life experiences for young people who are unable to sustain a placement in their parental or foster home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and keen to develop an inclusive workforce were people feel they belong. We hope to attract applications from under- represented groups including people from different cultures, nationalities, socio economic backgrounds, ages, disabilities, religion, faith, sex, orientation, child care responsibilities and with gender diverse identities.