Please note that this position includes some evening and weekend working.
St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating more than 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 6,000 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
We need a go getting lively dynamic fundraiser who thrives on working with people
Want to make St Christopher’s the charity of choice in SE London?
This job is for you!
The senior community fundraiser role is the face and voice of the hospice in our local community building long term relationships with local groups and organisations to fundraise and to build awareness of the incredible care the hospice provides across our 5 London Boroughs.
This role is strongly focused on bringing in new community partnerships working with the Community and Event Fundraising Manager.
You will increase the level of community support and income through the pro-active engagement
You will be a representative for St Christopher’s at external events and recruit volunteers to work at community events and at our own events*
To succeed in this role
You will be solutions focussed and a great team player. Additionally, it is just as important to us that you have the following skills;
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and driven with strong team working ethic who is willing to take the initiative and pro-actively engage with community supporters;
- Have the ability to communicate empathetically with patients and supporters around sensitive issues such as bereavement;
- Be confident, articulate, outgoing and with excellent customer service skills;
- Have a sound understanding of community fundraising with excellent relationship building skills;
- Thrive in a busy environment;
- Manage multiple projects from inception to delivery;
What you will get in return is a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community. In addition you will benefit from access to excellent training and development opportunities, a number of health and wellbeing schemes, a competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan. You will also have access to free on street parking nearby and an onsite staff canteen at our Sydenham site.
What you need to do now If you have a fundraising, marketing or sales background and you have initiative, enthusiasm and passion for the work of a hospice please do apply for this great role
Please accompany your application with a supporting statement, based on the three competencies below.
- Demonstrate how you have been innovative in developing effective supporter experiences to ensure long term engagement
- Give examples of your planning and project management skills
- Illustrate how you would inspire stakeholders to maximize their fundraising
Interview Date: TBA
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.