We are transforming lives in Norwich by providing alternative support, training and life opportunities to young people. We are inspiring and re-engaging young people excluded from mainstream education. We have an inspiring vision, but we need support more than ever.
Are you interested in making a big difference to young people’s lives? Are you confident helping with mathematics or English? We are looking for volunteers to help within small classroom settings to help personalise learning for our students to keep them engaged and achieve their potential. Even one day a week would make a big difference to these students’ experience in the classroom.
Within your role you will:
- Build pupil confidence in Maths and English
- Prepare students for assessments for functional skills up to GCSE
- Work collaboratively with other tutors and volunteers
To get started you’ll need to:
- Have confident subject knowledge in Maths or English
- Interested in working with and inspiring young people
- Be able to commit to a period of 6 months or more (for student continuity)
Within this role you will be able to:
- Develop teaching skills and tutoring experience
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills
- Enhance your CV
- Be a role model and make a real difference in the lives of young people
Please note that this is a volunteering role and we will need to conduct an Enhanced DBS check.
How to apply: Please attach your CV and a short cover letter through our contact form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.