About the role
To support the Interim Communications Consultant and later, the Head of Communications and Marketing in raising the profile of the charity and strengthening engagement with the charity’s audiences, while supporting the Fundraising, Grants and Arts teams to promote their own activity within the wider context of the charity’s overall communications strategy.
The Digital Communications and Marketing Officer will play an active role in ensuring that these aims and objectives are met, using a range of mediums including digital and printed marketing, social media and internal communications.
The Digital Communications and Marketing Officer will run the charity’s communications channels on a day to day basis, managing and updating the charity’s website, co-ordinating social media activity and playing an active role in developing original written, photographic and video content for these channels. This role will produce printed and digital marketing materials, as well as supporting other charity teams with events and activities as appropriate.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Create a range of engaging written, photographic and video content for social media, the charity’s website and newsletters, and the Trust’s internal communications channels, ensuring that projects and events across the charity’s grants, arts and fundraising programmes receive appropriate promotional support
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the charity’s social media channels, responding promptly to messages and scheduling promotional content in line with agreed key messages, and assist in the development of additional platforms (e.g. YouTube)
- Manage paid for social advertising
- Manage the data capture and content for the forthcoming Hospital Wifi Splash Page project
- Overall management of the charity’s website including relationship with Made for Media which will include regular testing for functionality and navigation and content management of website to ensure that news stories are regularly updated, content is consistent in tone of voice and new priority areas for the charity are promoted
- Support the Fundraising Team on the pilot and launch of a virtual challenge event run through the Facebook platform. Supporting on the ad creation, optimisation, re-targeting and interlink between fundraising and the Facebook platform.
- Provision of analysis on usage and visits to website
- Leading on content provision for ad hoc charity activitie
Trust Comms relationship management
- Work with Trust Comms and clinical staff to source patient / beneficiary / staff stories for charity use – building a story bank of narratives to be used in Appeals, proposals, pitches etc
- Liaise with Trust Comms on notable Trust celebration and awareness days to manage parameters and expectations around charity involvement
- Deliver weekly Trust Comms e bulletin and printed quarterly newsletter providing touchpoint for Trust Comms features on charity
- Building effective relationship with Trust Comms so that we have fair warning of all notable stories and announcements to share with donors
Marketing – digital and non digital
- To explore ways to collect data to re-build our supporter database, this could include collecting data at Trust staff inductions, charity events, through fundraisers etc.
- To continue to explore new promotional opportunities within the Trust, including noticeboards, information screens and contactless donation points
- Explore potential for promotional merchandise - managing design and purchase of promotional materials eg. Pin badges, cups, lanyards, pens etc.
- Conduct annual survey targeting both staff + patients/ families so we can better understand their needs + awareness/attitudes towards St George’s Hospital Charity
- Delivery of e-comms as per developing strategy
- Delivery of challenge and other events marketing collateral annually such as posters, pop up banners, postcards, railing banners etc.
- Extrapolating data from website and social media to report against corporate KPI
The successful applicant will have previous experience working in a digital communications setting and a proven track record in developing and implementing digital marketing campaigns. They will have hands on experience in content creation and management and be able to efficiently use content management platforms, scheduling tools, digital dashboards and email marketing systems. They will be enthusiastic, practical and self-motivated and use those abilities to prioritise communications support for all areas of the organisation. They will work well as part of a fast pace and dedicated Fundraising and Communications Team
How to apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV and detailed covering letter no more than two sides of A4, demonstrating how you meet the skills, knowledge and experience set out in the Person Specification.
Digital Comms Officer Applications FAO: Sarah McCullough
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.