St George’s Hospital Charity exists to support St George’s hospitals and the communities they serve. Every day our work makes a real difference to patients, their families and the staff who care for them.
We are seeking an experienced Events Fundraiser to join St George's Hospital Charity Fundraising Team.
About the role
Working within the Community and Events Fundraising Team, the Events Fundraising Officer will manage and deliver a calendar of third party and own events, with a focus on growth in net income and the engagement of participants to maximise on the funds they raise. They will report as to the success of the charity’s involvement in each event and have input into the research and development of a varied event portfolio, with the ambition to launch our own St George’s Hospital Charity mass participation event.
The Events Fundraising Officer will be responsible for planning, promoting and organising all third party and own events throughout the year. This will include working alongside the Communications Team to create marketing materials, update the website and use social media to market the events and bring in supporters.
The Events Fundraising Officer will implement supporter journeys in order to build excellent relationships with all participants as well as post event supporter journeys to increase supporter retention and encourage them to repeat fundraise.
Whilst the main focus of this role is challenge events, there will be the need to work alongside all fundraising colleagues and support on community events, flagship events and special events throughout the year. They will also play a key role in identifying supporters who might be interested in supporting other areas of our work.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Deliver a range of third party and own events with a focus on growth in net income and engagement of participants.
- Research and develop of a varied event portfolio whilst maximising our return on investment.
- Work towards launching our own St George’s Hospital Charity mass participation event in 2022/23.
- Implement supporter journeys, building excellent relationships with participants, growing supporter retention and development to maximise the amount raised.
- Implement post event supporter journeys to retain participants, delivering an increase in repeat fundraising for St George’s Hospital Charity.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure we maximise potential with community, corporate and high net worth supporters to engage with and participate in our events.
- Manage and co-ordinate on the day events activities such as cheer points and post event receptions including management of Event Volunteers.
- Manage the registration process, web systems and maintain database records for all event participants, volunteers and events stock management.
- Be the main point of contact and build close relationships with third party organisers and suppliers, being responsible for contract handling and signing when needed.
- To prepare and present Event Fundraising evaluation reports including reporting against financial and non-financial key performance indicators and trends.
- Work closely with the Digital Communications and Marketing Officer to produce marketing and fundraising materials and content needed to inspire participants who take part in St George’s Hospital Charity events.
- Work closely with the Digital Communications and Marketing Officer to keep the website up to date with event information and make changes to any pages where necessary.
- Develop communications plans alongside the Communications Team to ensure we are able to maximise on the number of events participants.
- Work with the Communications Team to generate engaging and impactful case studies for use in the media and online.
- Work with the Events and Community Fundraising Manager to develop budgets for events within your portfolio.
- To be responsible for reaching financial targets as agreed and adhering to expenditure budgets.
- Track and monitor performance of events within your remit and maintain detailed records of key KPI’s of recruitment and income.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records on the CRM, updating communication preferences and registrations where necessary.
Wider Fundraising Support
- Working together with the Events and Community Fundraising Team, help to support a wide range of ‘In Aid Of’ fundraisers, taking part in their own events.
- Where necessary, support Hospital staff on the delivery of fundraising events such as bake sales, own challenges etc.
- Lead on the annual Supporter Thank You Evening, a non-fundraising event that brings together all previous year donors and fundraisers, to thank them for their support and re-engage them in our work.
- Play a key role in wider fundraising team projects, supporting where needed on flagship events and special events such as a large scale fundraising dinner with AFC Wimbledon in May 2022.
- To ensure all fundraising activity is compliant with fundraising regulations and data protection law, and take responsibility for maintaining knowledge of Fundraising Regulations and best practice.
- To represent the Charity at events when required.
- Occasional weekend and evening work when required.
- Other duties as required to support the fundraising team and the wider Charity.
The successful applicant will have previous experience managing a varied portfolio of events with a proven track record of maximising return on investment and engagement with supporters. They will have hands on experience with managing events budgets, working with third party suppliers and organising on the day activities. They will have excellent supporter care and have experience in building stewardship journeys for fundraisers. They will be enthusiastic, practical and self-motivated and use those abilities to develop the events portfolio. They will work well as part of a fast pace and dedicated Fundraising and Communications Team.
How to apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV and detailed covering letter no more than two sides of A4, demonstrating how you meet the skills, knowledge and experience set out in the Person Specification.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.