The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring we use all the resources God has given us as effectively as possible as the staff team, volunteers, and congregation work together to implement our vision.
We are a community of Christians meeting regularly to worship God, to grow in God’s love and to share the good news of Jesus Christ with our neighbours. We are an open, diverse and inclusive community. In sharing his love, we try to meet some of the needs of the many different people living together in this place and to build community here.
- to be faithful to our Christian heritage and calling and open to new thinking, ideas and other viewpoints
- to try to say ‘yes’
- to be respectful, welcoming and generous to each other and to our visitors
- to speak well of each other
- to be problem solving, collaborative and supportive of each other to get the best results for everyone
- to be empowering of one another to help all members of the congregation to participate as they are able and feel called
Prior to lockdown, St George’s was a medium-sized congregation with a heart for mission and a programme of educational, cultural and social action activities. As we recover from the pandemic we are seeking to re-build our life including now a substantial food programme which emerged during lockdown and which now runs as a food co-operative. We are blessed with good resources especially of buildings and a willing congregation.
The Operations Manager will be employed by the Parochial Church Council (PCC). The line manager is the Rector Canon Jonathan Sedgwick.
£32,000 per annum. A full-time post of 35 hours a week excluding lunch breaks with 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays. It is possible to offer the role at a pro rata .8 of this as with the previous postholder. The working pattern can be flexible with scope to fit work around family and other commitments and include some home working.
We want to hear from all interested candidates, and to be considered for the position we strongly recommend submitting a detailed covering letter along with your CV, outlining why you're right for the role.
You're one click away ... Apply Now!