Please note successful candidates should expect to be appointed at the starting point of the salary scale and consideration may be given to a higher salary depending on the experience of the individual)
Full-time (35 hrs p/w) - 6 month fixed term contract
Camberwell, London SE5 + some travel
Are you a positive and proactive person with City & Guilds ICT competence to level 3 or equivalent and experience of providing support face-to-face, online and over the phone to people unfamiliar with digital/IT systems and software?
If so, St Giles Trust is looking for a Digital/ICT Skills Coach to join our Peer Advisor Network & Peer Circles team and help our peer advisors who need support to get online and use laptops for learning and development.
About St Giles Trust
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
Peer-led services form the backbone of our work. Our Peer Advisor Programme includes several community-based Hubs that develop and train Peer Advisors linking them with St Giles services and local partner organisations. We’re also in the 2nd year of an NLCF-funded project delivering through hubs across the UK as part of the Peer Advisor Network, while Peer Circles helps people experiencing severe and multiple disadvantage to improve their employability and progress towards positive and stable lives. In response to COVID19, we have recently been awarded a 6 month ‘top up’ grant that will enable us to meet our significantly increased needs.
About this vital role
Working with the hub teams, we will rely on you to identify peer advisors who may need digital/IT support and enable them to progress towards and achieve their goals by providing tailored guidance, support and training by phone or remotely. This could include coaching through initial set-up and use of a laptop and MS Office tools, using the internet, using our ‘Connectr’ platform, or general troubleshooting. Providing support on specific issues that arise as peer advisors progress with their training and qualifications will be important too, as will identifying common themes in support requested to inform future planning for training and support. And, when it comes to developing opportunities to improve peers digital skills in the longer term or keeping recording systems up-to-date and ensuring information on peer advisors, activities and outcomes is accurate and timely, again, we’ll count on you.
What we are looking for:
• Proven knowledge of Microsoft applications, Google Suite, email and Team Viewer
• Experience of delivering this kind of support in a system of wider support, training and development while working effectively both independently and with colleagues across the organisation, often in different locations
• A non-patronising and approachable manner when dealing with people unfamiliar with IT systems and software, plus the ability to motivate and encourage and break tasks down into easy-to-follow steps
• A flair for delivering support in a way that enables development of confidence – coaching rather than ‘telling’ or ‘doing for’
• A calm, flexible and professional approach and the ability to manage and prioritise a caseload to deliver results in time-pressured environments, sometimes with competing demands
• The ability to respond to and manage challenging behavior appropriately and build constructive therapeutic relationships while maintaining professional boundaries
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervisions, season ticket loan and much more.
If you have any queries or require further information, please visit our website.
Closing date: 11pm, 8th July 2020. Interviews: 16th July 2020 (due to the current situation, interviews will be held via video)