35 hrs p/w – FTC ending 31 Dec 2022
Leeds Media Centre with travel across West Yorkshire
Are you a well-organised yet flexible individual with a proven ability to lead on employer engagement? If so, St Giles is looking for an Employer Engagement Officer to join the team.
About St Giles
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this vital role
St Giles is seeking to expand the range of employers engaged with and number of vacancies specific to our clients. This will allow us to help them to overcome barriers by developing relevant skills to improve their employability and to achieve their goals. The post holder will be key to identifying and building relationships with employers keen to give St Giles clients job roles and supporting the client with the employment journey.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of researching labour market and identifying trends
- Extensive Experience of engaging Employers to provide paid opportunities and work placements for candidates who face disadvantage in the labour market
- Ability to research and identify labour market trends and cascade this to caseworkers across St Giles Projects
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, safeguarding practices and policies and the ability to promote safeguarding of vulnerable clients and colleagues
- The ability to collaborate effectively with other staff, volunteers, managers and partners, including setting and delivering goals and resolving conflicts of interest professionally
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervisions, season ticket loan and much more.
St Giles will guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria set out in the Job Description for the vacancy.
Closing date: 11pm, 31 August 2021. Interviews: 6 September 2021.