£26,350 - £28,000 - please note successful candidates should expect to be appointed at the starting point of the salary scale and consideration may be given to a higher salary depending on the experience of the individual
Full-Time (35 hrs p/w) - Permanent Contract
Camberwell office with occasional travel
Are you an efficient, professional and committed individual with a can-do attitude and impressive people skills? If so, St Giles is looking for a HR Administrator to provide vital administrative support to the HR Team.
About St Giles
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this key role
Our successful candidate will be expected to fulfill a broad range of duties, including administering and issuing standard letters for outgoing references, staff transfers, leavers, recruitment & selection and the on-boarding for all new employees and volunteers.
In addition, you will respond quickly and accurately to routine queries from managers and staff on operational matters. Helping to maintain HR and recruitment files is also a key aspect of the role, as is working collaboratively with the other members of the HR team to promote consistency and HR best practice.
What we are looking for
- An impressive communicator, both verbal and written, including a great telephone manner
- Strong IT skills including proven experience of using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in a similar work environment or education
- Ability to work with Excel to log information
- Confident using technology with a good technological aptitude (experience using a HRIS system – we currently use CIPHR)
- Previous experience in a similar administrative role, with some understanding of HR Procedures and Best Practices
- Awareness of confidentiality and handling confidential information securely
- Some understanding of HR Procedures and Best Practices would be advantageous
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervisions, season ticket loan and much more.
For further information, or to apply, please visit our website via the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date: 11pm, 31st July 2022. Interviews: 10th August 2022.