Fixed Term Contract
HMP Parc with occasional Travel
Ref Code: RCP-202
About St Giles
A well-established charity that helps ex-offenders and disadvantaged people to move their lives forward, St. Giles offers support to help people overcome any issues that might be holding them back and to prevent the likelihood of them reoffending on release.
This role is an integral part of a Cabinet Office-funded project that will be providing a Through the Gates service that aims to reduce reoffending. It will see our successful candidates working within the delivery team alongside Peer Advisors to provide a comprehensive resettlement planning service to prisoners within a custodial setting.
About this vital role
As a Caseworker, you will review resettlement plans at agreed stages of a prisoner’s sentence and provide information and assistance based on identified needs or make referrals to the appropriate services. They will also lead on the delivery and coordination of resettlement plan interventions for service users in co-operation with prison staff, Peer Advisors, and Case Managers.
You will provide a comprehensive and holistic assessment, advice, referral and support service to men in custody, exploring innovative and effective methods of casework, plus offer casework support and supervision and regular coaching and resettlement courses to the Peer Advisors.
To succeed, you must have:
- An understanding of the issues facing individuals with complex needs, whilst in prison and on release
- A sound awareness of the support options for this client group in areas such as family and relationships, health, victims of DV, education, training and employment, plus finance, benefit and debt
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- First-class communication skills, particularly listening skills
- Calm, flexible and adaptable, you must have strong time management, organisational and IT skills
- Sympathy with the aims and ethos of St Giles as an organisation
Any appointment is subject to security clearance from the Prison Service.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, season ticket loan and much more.
Closing date: 11pm, 6th April 2020. Interviews: 14th 15th April 2020.