Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2021
Please note successful candidates should expect to be appointed at the starting point of the salary scale and consideration will be given to a higher salary depending on the experience of the individual.
St Giles Office in Leeds
Are you a driven, positive and highly organised individual with natural people skills? Then join St Giles Trust as a Trainer Assessor and you will be embarking on a highly rewarding and career-enhancing position.
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
We firmly believe that Peer Advisors bring something special to our services, increasing engagement, having more time to spend with clients and becoming role models to their peers. The Trust makes a strong commitment to our Peer Advisors so that they too are supported on their own journey, and our Peer Advisors have an excellent record in progressing into work.
About this key role
You will provide a high level service to individuals with lived experience whilst working towards their NVQ Level 3 in Advice and Guidance. You will engage and support individual to achieve their qualification and progress onto further opportunities and sustainable employment. You will also work as part of a larger Trainer Assessor Team which is at the heart of the Peer Advisor Network ensuring excellent standards are maintained in terms of qualification delivery.
You will be responsible for supporting our Peer Advisors throughout their training and as their journey progresses on to securing employment. You will work as part of a wider Hub Team that provide work placement co-ordination and employment support. You will be required to work closely with other organisations who host work placement to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
To secure this exciting opportunity, you must have:
- Experience of supervising, supporting and providing guidance to staff
- A relevant Assessors qualification, or be working towards this
- A Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent teaching qualification, plus a Level 3 Award in Advice and Guidance or equivalent experience in the field
- A proven track record in supporting clients into employment and achieving employment targets
- Experience of delivering creative training to disadvantaged learners
- Strong IT, organisational and time-management skills
- Calm, flexible and adaptable, you must be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Sympathy with the aims and ethos of St Giles as an organisation
In return, you can expect a competitive salary and generous leave allowance, staff pension scheme, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, season ticket loan and much more besides.
For further information, or to apply, please visit our website via the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date: 11pm, 28th October 2019. Interviews: 11th November 2019