Part-Time, 17.5 hrs p/w
Fixed Term Contract until 30 December 2020
HMP Stoke Heath
Ref code: TAS-202
Are you a proactive, efficient and influential individual who is passionate about making a difference to disadvantaged people? If so, St Giles Trust has a career-enhancing opportunity for a Trainer Assessor to deliver training, support and assessment for Peer Advisors.
About St Giles
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
About this vital role
Our successful candidate will focus on identifying, engaging with and recruiting learners in custody with the relevant skills and motivation. You will work alongside the Peers in Custody to develop and deliver ETE interventions in line with KPI targets.
You will also work alongside some of the teams at St Giles to identify placements for Peer Advisers and support both the Peer Advisers and their supervisor caseworkers, in achieving successful placement.
To secure this exciting opportunity, you must have:
- A proven track record of sourcing and supporting participants to access employment, training, personal development opportunities and other specialist support (housing, substance misuse, mental health)
- Strong experience of successfully supporting disadvantaged people into sustainable employment
- The ability to apply a creative approach to planning programmes and activities that support the development of those already in work to improve their circumstances and employment situation
- A background of career coaching and a sound understanding of career adaptability
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational abilities, plus impressive attention to detail
- Sympathy with the aims and ethos of St Giles Trust as an organisation
Any appointment is subject to security clearance from the Prison Service.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervision, cycle scheme, season ticket loan and much more.
For further information, or to apply, please visit our website via the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date: 11pm, 27th February 2020.