Are you a charismatic and driven individual with a proven track record of successfully supporting young people to achieve sustainable education, training, employment to help lead a more positive lifestyle? If yes then join us as a Young Person ETE Caseworker and develop all your skills.
About St Giles and the Project
An ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
As part of our commitment to supporting Young People facing adversity, we aim to tackle the critical issue of Youth unemployment. The aim will be to support young people to achieve engagement in sustainable education, training, employment and a positive lifestyle, as well as improvement in their mental health, wellbeing and relationships.
About this pivotal role
You will provide a tailored one to one high-level service of engagement, advocacy and support. The young people may have experience the following: having grown up in care; unstable and unsafe housing; substance misuse; poor mental or physical health; learning difficulties and other hidden disabilities; or little/no family support, criminal justice involvement.
As an organisation that works with children and adults at risk we are committed to safeguarding, protecting and promoting the safety of our clients and successful applicants will be DBS Checked.
What we are looking for:
- Substantial experience and strong track record in successfully supporting young people into sustainable employment
- Experience of working on a target driven project
- Ability to engage and holistically support young people who face multiple and complex barriers to employment
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with employers to support both employees and employers, and encourage improvements to the quality of employment
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination to lead the team in order to deliver targets
- Strong IT skills including proven experience of using Word, Excel and Outlook in a similar work environment. Ability to work with case-management databases (ie. Salesforce) on a day-to-day basis
You can expect on-going and targeted learning and development, continuous support and supervision, plus a competitive salary, generous leave allowance, staff pension, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, access to clinical supervision, season ticket loan and much more.
Closing date: 11pm, 21st July 2022. Interviews: TBC.
St Giles will guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria set out in the Job Description for the vacancy.