Assistant to Executive Secretary (part time, freelance basis,12 months with possible extension)
Based in or near London, working from home
Salary: £15-20/hour depending on experience
Hours: 8 hours a week, extra hours occasionally available
Closing date: 14th February 2020
Start date: 23rd March 2020
An opportunity to bring lasting change to vulnerable people in Russia and Georgia
St Gregory’s Foundation works in Russia and Georgia to tackle the social problems facing children, teenagers, parents and carers. Our projects aim to improve the lives of orphans, the disabled and others living in challenging circumstances, by strengthening families and providing opportunities for disadvantaged people to fulfil their potential. We work closely with local partners in both countries and help them build up their knowledge and skills to deliver the best possible support to vulnerable people.
St Gregory’s Foundation is a small UK-registered charity with an income of around £150-170,000 per annum. We are looking at employing a part-time assistant to take on some administrative work, liaising with Russian charity projects and providing assistance for our sole employee.
The main tasks are detailed below.
- Keep in touch with project leaders, in particular:
- Making sure that funding requests are checked and formally submitted in good time for Board meetings
- Making sure that formal and informal reports are regularly submitted and checked and adapted in accordance with our fundraising purposes
- Making sure that contractual papers are prepared in accordance with funding requests and submitted for signing
Liaison with Executive Secretary and SGF board
- Help prepare for directors’ meetings
- Summarise funding requests and deliver them to the Executive Secretary in good time before Board meetings
- Help Executive Secretary to write Annual Report to go with the accounts
- Support directors’ and volunteers’ fundraising by request
Fundraising and publicity, administration
- Help Executive Secretary to plan and administer events (occasionally by request)
- Help renew our fundraising pack with sheets on each project needing funds on an annual basis
- Help distribute the newsletter twice a year
- Help grow our supporter base at all levels
- Support volunteer fundraisers (occasionally by request)
Key skills and competencies
You will bring to the role:
- An interest in projects which bring long-term change to vulnerable people’s lives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Russian are a must, including an ability to communicate complex issues suitably to interest a range of audiences
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- An eye for detail, including checking and submitting complex funding requests and contracts
- Initiative and motivation, able to work independently and to deadlines
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with people from a range of backgrounds
- An ability to prioritise tasks
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, email, social media, etc).
- Experience in charity work, in particular fundraising, including online and events fundraising would be a plus
- Computer skills including graphic design, marketing automation, Google apps would be a plus
You may have worked in administration, legal, marketing, an art or educational institution or related field. You will be working from home and reporting to our Executive Secretary and occasionally to the Board of Directors based in London.
Please return your application form to Julia Ashmore, Executive Secretary. Please note that we won't be considering CVs. We will be in touch if you are shortlisted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.