Do you want to make a difference and be part of an organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As an Agile Project Manager, you will act as a champion for alignment between the development of individual systems and the charity’s overall technology roadmap.
Exciting opportunity to join the Digital Transformation team! Working as part of a team of project managers, the Agile Project Manager is responsible for the management of a variety of concurrent digital change projects, delivering the charity’s wider technology strategy and roadmap using agile and lean processes.
The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), options to buy and sell holiday, Blue Light and NHS discounts, life assurance, eye care and mental health, wellbeing tools and volunteering days. It will also provide opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.
Can be based at any manned SJA office.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Agile Project Management Foundation / any other recognised project mgt qualification
- Delivered a portfolio of business change projects with proven experience in transitioning projects to business as usual
- Experience of directing and motivating cross-functional project teams
- Evidence of excellent stakeholder management at a variety of levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels with excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to translate complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience and gain the right level of buy-in and support
About the Role:
- Lead new technology solution and delivery rollouts on allocated projects
- Establish and attend project boards to report project progress, finances, risks and issues to stakeholders
- Communicate to and interact with senior stakeholders and assist functional departments in the development of business change canvases, business cases and option papers in support of technology-led business changes and work with Product Owners to develop specifications and scope for technology change projects
- Lead and have oversight of Project Teams driving collaboration and project success
- Where appropriate, manage third party suppliers, manage risks, issues, and change
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately about equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.