Community Fundraising Manager
Do you want to make a difference and be part of an organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As Community Fundraiser you will play a key and vital role of working with supporters to inspire them by delivering community fundraising initiatives with individuals and groups.
Exciting opportunity to be the driving force behind our community fundraising, you will help us to engage, train and coach our community supporters adding value to their relationship with St John Ambulance, motivating them to maintain and increase their support. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the role would suit somebody who has excellent communications skills with either fundraising experience or sales background looking for a chance to get into fundraising.
The role benefits from a competitive salary, flexible working, generous pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), options to buy and sell holiday, Blue Light and NHS discounts, life assurance, eye care and mental health, wellbeing tools and volunteering days. It will also provide opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Fundraising experience is preferred, but for a strong communicator with sales experience training will be provided
- Experience of working to KPIs and targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A team leader and player with the ability to lead, motivate and manage a geographically dispersed volunteer base
- Ability to build positive relationships with volunteers, donors and key area stakeholders and manage their expectations
About the Role:
- Developing and maintaining sustainable relationships with supporters in local communities
- Implementing fundraising plans for identified St John Ambulance fundraising volunteers/groups in order to deliver the community fundraising strategy
- Managing all community fundraising supporter relationships to agreed budgets, deadlines and stewardship levels
- Analysing and proactively managing fundraising group development in order to achieve agreed targets
- Manage, recruit, induct, training/coaching, retaining and rewarding volunteers in line with the volunteer strategy
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately about equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.