Do you want to make a difference and be part of a vibrant and inclusive organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As one of the country’s best-loved charities, St John Ambulance played a pivotal role in responding to the pandemic as well as ‘everyday’ health emergencies, training, supporting communities, and improving young people’s lives.
Excellent opportunity to join us as Data & Systems Lead! The successful candidate will have a key and fundamental role of ensuring that St John Ambulance HR systems are maintained to a high standard and that system enhancements and developments are implemented to add value to business units as well as providing technical support to on-line applicant tracking and people systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, hybrid, flexible working & TOIL, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - increasing to 38 days over 5 years, options to buy and sell holiday, free first/mental aid first aider courses, Blue Light and NHS online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, flu jab, eye care, mental health and wellbeing tools and volunteering days.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Experience of working with SelectHR
- Experience of providing remote support and one-to-one training
- Experience of maintaining recruitment Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience of managing and maintaining data in large databases
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels – to simplify complex and detailed processes
About the Role:
- Acting as the subject matter expert, analyse and interpret people data for the organisation nationally to produce monthly detailed reports with commentary to enable the improvement of our people management processes
- Produce reports based on people data that is helpful and supportive of leaders people agendas
- Develop and maintain HR systems to monitor and report on organisational people matters including absence, volunteering hours and equal opportunities data
- Work with stakeholders to support and provide guidance on successful implementation of HR processes
- Act as a superuser for people & recruitment systems by configuring systems to reflect changes to the organisation structure and its people
- Train end users of all menu sets and use intranet to update system-related changes
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a
charity with rich heritage and a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive, we have several networks including Multi Culture, Disability and Accessibility, Pride, Family and Carers and Women’s groups. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.