Do you want to make a difference and be part of an organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century?
In this exciting and important role as Direct Marketing Officer, you will deliver the St John Ambulance direct marketing programme which includes a range of online and offline activities. The successful candidate will be a part of a friendly and supportive team and enjoy a varied role where no two days are the same. You will deliver campaigns focused on the retention of current donors, using a variety of channels.
The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), options to buy and sell holiday, Blue Light and NHS discounts, life assurance, eye care and mental health, wellbeing tools and volunteering days. It will also provide opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- You will have two years or more experience in a direct marketing role
- Previous experience of a variety of fundraising channels including digital, email, social media, direct mail, SMS and telemarketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular relationship building and communication skills
- Good organisation and time management skills and ability to work as a team to achieve deadlines
About the Role:
- To project manage St John Ambulance income-generating campaigns from concept through to delivery
- Working with the Direct Marketing Manager to ensure campaigns fit the strategic fundraising plan
- Keep abreast of contemporary fundraising techniques and marketing developments
- Work directly with external print companies and mailing houses to ensure the most cost-effective distribution methods
- Liaising with other teams and departments within St John Ambulance to develop relationships
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
Interview Date: 07/07/2022
Application Review Date: 03/07/2022
mSt John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately about equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.